Beginners and Beyond

Sub-0 windchill WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

Reasons for inexplicable fatigue?? Because right about now, sleeping for the next thousand years probably won't be enough...

1) low iron

2) not enough food

3) you're getting sick

4) overtraining

5) you haven't gotten enough sleep?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

1) low iron

2) not enough food

3) you're getting sick

4) overtraining

I was at this spot about two years ago. I finally went in for blood work after suffering through general fatigue for a really long time, of course expecting the worst, and found out I had mono. 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

I was at this spot about two years ago. I finally went in for blood work after suffering through general fatigue for a really long time, of course expecting the worst, and found out I had mono. 

This is an unacceptable explanation. (How would I have gotten mono anyway?)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

1) low iron

2) not enough food

3) you're getting sick

4) overtraining

1) I always think this is it, but it never is

2) If it's this, I shouldn't be more tired than usual

3) Maybe, but it doesn't feel like it

4) Hahahahaha

5) See #2

Allergy to work, I guess?

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

he requested a sushi place for dinner tonight. #winning

This is one cuisine our whole family can agree on, which is nice.

Dave

RunningOnSand

This is one cuisine our whole family can agree on, which is nice.

That is really nice.

We have almost everyone agreeing on it...it's just my youngest who doesn't really like it, but he's only 7, so there's still time. Big grin

sdWhiskers

This is an unacceptable explanation. (How would I have gotten mono anyway?)

Also, shingles. But I think the fatigue usually appears after the icky rash, which you can't miss...

KCRuns

I ran 3.5 on the treadmill.  I had to take a walk break about 10 minutes into it because my headphones quit working and I can't run on the treadmill without them (outside yes, treadmill no).  Took me a couple of minutes to fix/reset things and then I was able to continue.  It was touch and go there for a minute.

KCRuns

Also, shingles. But I think the fatigue usually appears after the icky rash, which you can't miss...

Almost missed it on DH in the spring.  He only ever got 2 very small bumps close together.  I thought they were pimples and tried to pop them   About the same time, he started complaining of the worst back and side pain ever so we went to urgent care where thankfully he was diagnosed quickly.  But the rash never materialized beyond those 2 bumps.  Plenty of misery though with the pain, fatigue and I guess those 2 spots were pretty itchy though he did good and didn't touch them.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I guess we can throw Lyme Disease into the mix while we're going full doomsday with this.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Let’s throw Black Death too since China has some cases of it. 😆

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just when I am feeling hopeful that I've found the shoe for me.... they're making changes with the new ones.

The new Guide 13 will not have the ISO or "ISOFIT - A soft inner sleeve and floating support cage combine to create a dynamic fit system that adapts to the shape and motion of your foot".

Runningwarehouse has this in their details: "The ISO fit of the previous versions has been eliminated. Instead, a new engineered mesh upper provides stretchy comfort that adapts to a wide range of feet while maintaining just enough structure to secure the foot at any speed."

If those are the only changes, that really shouldn't have any effect on me, right?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Let’s throw Black Death too since China has some cases of it. 😆

LOL Smile

yeah, Lymes! I'd forgotten about that, too. For Lymes, my husband didn't get the stereotypical bullseye rash. Instead, he got blotches all over his back (with the horrible fatigue).

bluerun

Super B****

No rashes, and no possible way to have contracted Lyme. Black Death it is.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

No rashes, and no possible way to have contracted Lyme. Black Death it is.

Did you get your flu shot? All the cool kids on here got it free at work.