Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES, Take Three (Read 56 times)

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Good morning, everyone!

I had my frappe about forty-five minutes ago. I took a Mucinex D last night, to help with the congestion. I've waiting for some boiled water to cool, so that I can make a saline solution for my neti pot. My goal is to be able to breathe well enough to avoid another side stitch when I head out in about half an hour.

I didn't do ab work after I tucked my friend's six-year-old into bed last night. I lost track of time talking to her eleven-year-old, who's just all-around cool. I did my ab work after returning home. I was tired. I didn't finish ab work and push-ups until 11:40.

See y'all later.

StepbyStep-SH

And you're up already this morning? That's a short night, Basya! I hope the meds+neti pot do the trick!

I'm trying to get some work done before the rest of the day starts. I'll run a couple miles and do a strength training class later at the Y, then the plan is for lots of housecleaning later. Hopefully DS will help out without too much fussing. If we get it all done, I'll offer a nature hike as incentive since temps will be a bit cooler today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. I haven't run yet. Need to get my butt out the door. Been goofing off here too long this am.

Basya thanks for starting us off.

Morning step

Marjorie

DavePNW

Morning Basya, Step, Marjorie.

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Planned Mon AM yoga but had insomnia;  at about 2:30 AM I decided I did not want to wake up at 5:30, so ended up making it a RD. So you'd think I'd be able to sleep last night, but no; up till about 2. Still got up at 6 anyway & ran 4.4. Beautiful morning after t-storms last night.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Good Tuesdailies morning!  I ran 11 hilly miles at 9:40 pace in 85 degree heat yesterday.  I ain't gonna lie...that was an ass kicker.  All of the uphill was in the middle four miles and it put a hurting on me.  I'm glad I got it done though.

It was kind of an interesting run.  There was a car-hits-house (barber shop) accident about a half mile into my run, which resulted in a natural gas leak.  I could smell the gas as I ran on the bike path behind the buildings.  The road (a main road) was shut down and all traffic was diverted to other roads.  Since this was during the evening rush hour, it caused all kinds of hell on the detour roads.  About half of my run is on the bike path so the traffic didn't affect me, but it was bumper to bumper when I was on the road, and naturally cars like to drift onto the shoulder to see the traffic up ahead.  It was pissing me off.  When I finally got back on the bike path and was about a quarter mile from my car, the path was blocked by traffic cones and a cop.  That's not something I'm used to seeing on the bike path.  I explained to the cop that I was parked *right there* and she let me run through.  I still don't know how the hell the car hit the building.  It's a busy intersection where five roads come together and traffic usually goes pretty slow through there.  I can only imagine what the driver was doing moving that fast and losing control enough to slam into a house that's about 20 feet off the road totaling the vehicle.

#coolstorybro

Edit:  Yesterday's run profile.  Not a terribly hilly route but it is when you have not run a lot of hills in six months.

<3

LRB

It's Tuesday, ya'll know what's up.

Holla back.

Marjorie, enjoy your run.

DaveP MI, fantastic 4.4.

Phil, excellent 11.1. I'm happy that you're running so well.

Rick, woo! </channeling Ric Flair>

7.0 miles in 1:03:37. 9:06 pace. 62F and 90% humidity.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Penguins are still sleeping, so Hi Ya !!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Confession: I need to get up on run days a full hour earlier with my new job than my old one, and do not get to go to bed any earlier, and sometimes it is tough. Today, it didn't happen. Oops... was going to run Tues, Weds, Thurs now I have to get my butt out of bed for Weds, Thurs, Friday! I think I really needed the sleep... this weekend I did not get a lot.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  The stomach virus that attacked me prior to the marathon is back so I'm home suffering.  SRD.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

booo sorry D

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

Boo to sinus infections!

Boo to side stiches!

Boo to insomnia!

Boo to stomach virus!

Happy Boosday !

I'm still just rollin' my behind out of bed, but I think it's gonna be a good day.  Probably gonna shoot for 6 miles easy/medium.

There's awesome weather on tap for Thursday, so I'm scheming to get up into the mountains again.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey, y'all.

3.2 mile run done early this morning.

Hope y'all have a great day.  Hope all of you that don't feel well get to feeling better.

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me.

Boo to the stomach D

Marjorie