Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES, Take Three (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Elevation profile of the SF Marathon.  I'm surprised I finished, LOL:

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies! Happy, what is it, Tuesday?!

4 miles this morning on the Tri-C West campus track. 16 laps of pure bliss. 36:13 overall time, with progressively faster times for the first 3 miles, then a relatively easy paced 4th mile.

A good run overall. Felt good, no pains despite Sunday's 10 mile race.

We ran into a speedster doing intervals on the track. Turns out that he's running some pretty fast times, I guestimate a 17 minute 5K time. We talked for a couple of minutes. My friend, who lives around here, talks with him quite often since they both make use of the track quite a bit.

My Achilles blister is still sore, but I put a Band-Aid over it and it didn't bother me a bit during the run.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

DavePNW

Wow that is something else. The hill at 5 looks the worst, but as that one was early, I bet the one you felt the most was at 15-17. That is a long climb. I imagine the downhill after 20 was no picnic either.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Been super busy but still running my little 3 milers.  Hoping this week the knee will let me add a bit more.  We'll see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, are you sure you weren't running in Tennessee? Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

D, are you sure you weren't running in Tennessee? Smile

Or Eastern Canada? Most of my runs and races look like that........unfortunately Roll eyes

Ric-G

ran 5 this morning @7:10 pace. may do a few more in the PM. speaking of course profiles. here is the profile for the trail half marathon I'm doing this saturday. will be tough to determine pace. it's basically 6.5 up and 6.5 down. any ideas on pacing? really have no goal. (they tell me there's only one big hill in this race  Smile

marathon pr - 3:16

Jess runs for bacon

Sup peeps Smile Just did three on the TM, forecast was threatening thunderstorms. I hate the TM but I hate lightning more.

LRB

4 X 200's 5:39 average pace
                    3 X 1000's 6:07 average pace
                    2 X 400's  5:40 average pace

It is incredibly difficult to dial up race type paces when there is total silence and no one is around but you and some cooing pigeons nearby, but somehow I managed to complete an extremely mentally tough workout.

What that means for race day remains to be seen, but I am cautiously optimistic about my chances of achieving my next goal.  Time will tell.

Hi, Jerry! Welcome to these dailiesSmile

kristin10185, I hope that you adjust to your new schedule soon. That can be difficult.

Yuck, DamarisSad Feel well soon.

jjs22, enjoy your run.

Robert, terrific 3.2.

Marjorie, brava on the 10.2.

Tom, fantastic four-miler.

Zelanie, great job keeping at it. I hope that you can improve soon.

Ric-G, amazing five-miler.

lilac_jive, nice job putting up with the TM for three.

Rick, sweet intervals.

I napped. I worked on my sewing for three hours. Now, I can sew a curved seam, as in bringing a sleeve and a shoulder of a shirt together.

I'm off to nap a bit again before heading to the gym to do weights.

Question: my second quality workout (I'm doing Daniels) calls for alternating four minutes of hard running with three minutes of recovery jogging. How should I set my paces on the TM, where I'll have to do it?

Hip Redux

Pacing?  I would be walking. LOL   Good luck with that!

ran 5 this morning @7:10 pace. may do a few more in the PM. speaking of course profiles. here is the profile for the trail half marathon I'm doing this saturday. will be tough to determine pace. it's basically 6.5 up and 6.5 down. any ideas on pacing? really have no goal. (they tell me there's only one big hill in this race  Smile

Hip Redux

Cheetos, while tasty, are not a good pre-run fuel.  A sluggish 4 miles done at lunch.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi! I did 2.25 miles at lunch with my new RP. She hasn't run in a long time so we ran 1.25 straight then ran/walked another mile. Then thunder chased us indoors. We'll go again on Thursday. Smile

I was planning on doubling today, but I'm not sure if my post-work miles are going to happen if it's still storming. And there's no way I'm going to the gym AFTER I've gone home. I'll have to play it by ear.

LRB

Wow that is something else. The hill at 5 looks the worst, but as that one was early, I bet the one you felt the most was at 15-17. That is a long climb. I imagine the downhill after 20 was no picnic either.

I tapped out at the mile 3 bump.

Will run for scenery.

I tapped out at the mile 3 bump.

I just checked the course map.

I wonder how many checked out at the mile 19.5 aid station....Approve

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!