Beginners and Beyond

Hartford HM recap (Read 73 times)

Congrats!

Knee deep in marathon training, with a cold, in the rain.  The Baboon does not monkey around.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice work!! Congrats to you and the missus on your new PRs! Fantastic!

Six weeks and one day you say? Crap. There is work to be done! Philly is my goal half for the fall.

Congrats again!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

outoftheblue

Running in the rain with a cold doesn't sound like a recipe for a PR, but you pulled it off anyway.  What a testament to your training.   Great splits, great race.  Congrats!

Life is good.

Nice job! Hope you get over your cold soon.  Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Ric-G

great splits and cool story about the guy you "paced"....great stuff and congrats!

marathon pr - 3:16

onemile

Nice job PRing on tired legs and while sick!  (And I am happy that my PR is still faster  although I am sure that will not last long)

Zelanie

Another weekend, another PR.  Just another day in the life of a Baboon.  Congratulations!  Now you need to run another HM when you're not in the middle of marathon training.

DavePNW

Another weekend, another PR.  Just another day in the life of a Baboon.  Congratulations!  Now you need to run another HM when you're not in the middle of marathon training.

I will say this time period can be tough to find when trying to do 2 per year.

Dave

onemile

I will say this time period can be tough to find when trying to do 2 per year.

Very true. It seems to take so much time to recover and get back into shape after a marathon. This is why I prefer to only train for one marathon a year.

From the Internet.

Congrats on the PR you crazy beast, now recover from that cold and go kill it at Philly!

I'm pretty sure that will be my first full next fall, can't wait to hear all about it Big grin

Bin Running

Congrats on the PR..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

DavePNW

Very true. It seems to take so much time to recover and get back into shape after a marathon. This is why I prefer to only train for one marathon a year.

This is pretty smart. I'm thinking use the spring for shorter races, where you don't have to worry as much about how much mileage you were able to get in through the winter. Then train through the summer for a fall marathon. But I am still in the mode, and I think Baboon is as well, of being relatively early in one's running career and seeing potential to cut significant chunks off marathon time. So it's tough to wait a year till the next opportunity to do so.

Dave

Zelanie

relatively early in one's running career and seeing potential to cut significant chunks off marathon time. So it's tough to wait a year till the next opportunity to do so.

Tell me about it.

DavePNW

Tell me about it.

Ha. You will probably want to find one in November or December, and PR the shit out of it.

Dave

As I mentioned elsewhere, nice pacing and congrats on the PR! I am looking forward to your marathon report.