Beginners and Beyond

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers (Read 212 times)

slowrunningjulie

I am glad to hear you are ok. I know that what you went through today was horrific, but you and the other medical personnel and first responders there today were there for those who needed you the most. You did good.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

StepbyStep-SH

My prayers and thoughts are with you, Hilary. You were a blessing today to those you helped. Don't forget to take care of yourself in the days that are ahead.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jen2011

I'm so glad to hear you are ok.  Thank you for your service today - you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

hog4life

I was glad to hear you are okay. (((hugs)))

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HUGS!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Buelligan

Today was a day for heroes in Boston.
              B-Plus

Today was a day for heroes in Boston.

What a fitting choice of words. Thanks for being a hero.

I posted my thanks to you in another thread before I saw this but I am very glad you are o.k. You were one of the first people I thought of when I saw the location of the first blast.

Nevrgivup

Thank you.

I posted my thanks to you in another thread before I saw this but I am very glad you are o.k. You were one of the first people I thought of when I saw the location of the first blast.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Will run for scenery.

Coming out of lurk mode to add my share of hugs and comfort and admiration. On any ordinary day nurses do so many extraordinary things for complete strangers its just amazing. Besides the practical details of saving lives and helping people be healthy, they are the ones that make us feel safe and comfortable in our scariest and most vulnerable moments. Hillary, I know what you saw today was horrible and its going to take some time to process. But please remember all the love and care and support you have given to so many strangers over the years and let it all come back to you right now and give you comfort.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

So glad to hear you're okay.

Zelanie

Such a relief to check in and see that you are uninjured!  I'm so sorry that you had to experience this.  I was at work today but I heard about it at the end of my lunch and went to check facebook, and the last post from you at that point was about Meb.  Glad you were able to have an amazing morning.  Please take care.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Hilary, to say that you got more than you bargained for at your volunteer post is a massive understatement. We're all glad you're ok and wish you the best in recovering from everything you went through.

In moments like these, it's easy to feel helpless.  It's so far away, but it still feels personal. 

+1 I was on the bus thinking that if I was in Canada this year, I probably would have run Boston, and by the time of the explosions I would have been back to near the finish to watch other runners come in.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Hilary,  like the others, my prayers are for your well-being.  We never appreciate nurses, doctors, and first-responders  for their quick medical response and what they have to witness.  Thinking about you.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

I may have posted this already so forgive me.

Given the circumstances it is understandable.

This tragedy hit close to home for us because so many members of our running community were there.  I mean, we don't know each other in the traditional sense, but we do know each other and we are a family.

Now that all of our friends have been accounted for, we can turn our thoughts and prayers to the victims.