Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

After you...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. Smile

RD for me here. Going out of town with the family today. Fortunately it's only about 75 minutes to our destination. Anything more would start becoming difficult since DD is 17 months old.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

Dad on the run.

Hey all, very slow friday morning it would seem. The penguin thread hadn't even been started yet.

Trick or treating went well, we have way to much candy in the house!

Have a 10k tomorrow. I'm nervous about it, haven't got the runs in I wanted and really scared the IT Band will start giving me problems. My last run was 3.6 miles and pain free so maybe, just maybe, I can get through it and have no problems.

The t-shirt we got is pretty rockin! It's a green tech with the vulcan 10k on the front, will upload pics tomorrow in my race report!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I'll going out for my long run in a bit after taking DS to school. 18 miles on the schedule - the question is, do I take along Gu, or raid DS's candy stash for my mid-run "fuel"? Hmmm....

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hello now and that's how we do it in the Four-One-Three!

8 easy miles at 8:16 pace on the treadmill last night.  It's looking like more treadmill today since the weather sucks and I'm a weather wuss.

I've been in the office for two hours and it feels like I've done a full day's worth of work already.  I've been getting a steady dose of "We need this and need it now!" lately.

<3

Morning!

Couldn't wake up again yesterday and thought I'd miss my run, but then my wife decided she wanted baked potatoes for supper so I got in a quick 3.5 ish while they were in the oven.  The weather was weird - kept getting warmer as the evening went on.  I dressed for 40 thinking it would get cooler while I was out there, and had to start stripping off layers half a mile in.  It was up to 60 when I let the dog out at midnight.

Today is a planned after work long run.  7-9 down at the beach, depending on how I'm feeling.

Zelanie

Good morning!  Headed out for my first 15-miler after work today.  I am looking forward to it and nervous at the same time.  But I did 14.1 last week, so what's 0.9 more.  Right? Smile

LRB

18 miles on the schedule - the question is, do I take along Gu, or raid DS's candy stash for my mid-run "fuel"? Hmmm....

Candy, of course!

LRB

But I did 14.1 last week, so what's 0.9 more.  Right? Smile

That is exactly right Zel Baby!  And just look at the run as an additional ten minutes, it's easier that way.

Zelanie

Good idea. I need to pick up DD at the end, so I will actually be running 12, then just finish up with a few easy laps at the track to finish the distance. And at the track you can always go one more lap. Smile

That is exactly right Zel Baby!  And just look at the run as an additional ten minutes, it's easier that way.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

another rest day.  Damn SI still.  It is 100% nothing unless I try to run then it isn't gliding right and I look terrible running.  Like Forest Gump running coming out of his braces.  So I'm just wrapping my PT brain around it and working on what I can do to fix it.  Walked DH through some things last night.  I'll test it tomorrow to see if those worked since the only test will be running.

So much for goal race time. Now I'll just have to work to finish and not get swept off the course.  All those miles will at least help me finish but not at my goal time.  I'm okay with that for now.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I'll going out for my long run in a bit after taking DS to school. 18 miles on the schedule - the question is, do I take along Gu, or raid DS's candy stash for my mid-run "fuel"? Hmmm....

Decided to save the candy for "recovery" instead. Wink

18.08 miles in 3:01:10 - a few times I felt like I could have cut it short, but once you hit the turnaround point of an out-and-back, that isn't really an option. As it was, I managed to make my last mile the fastest.
                            Mile 1: 10:23
                            Mile 2: 10:24
                            Mile 3: 10:16
                            Mile 4: 9:59
                            Mile 5: 10:02
                            Mile 6: 9:54
                            Mile 7: 9:52
                            Mile 8: 9:41
                            Mile 9: 9:53
                            Mile 10: 10:34 (walked to eat a gel)
                            Mile 11: 9:31
                            Mile 12: 9:46
                            Mile 13: 11:45 (stopped to take a couple pictures)
                            Mile 14: 10:04
                            Mile 15: 9:51
                            Mile 16: 9:41
                            Mile 17: 9:35
                            Mile 18: 9:16
                            .08 @ 8:57

With a place like this to run, I sometimes feel like I could just go forever.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

With a place like this to run, I sometimes feel like I could just go forever.

I run on a similar trail, it's a refreshing break from the concrete jungle.  Nice run!

LRB

It is 100% nothing unless I try to run then it isn't gliding right and I look terrible running.  Like Forest Gump running coming out of his braces.

I was in that stage for a week but was able to complete each run.  The problem I had was stopping at a light then trying to start up running again, OOOF!, ZOWIE!, BIFF! did that hurt!

Good luck babe.  If anyone can fix it you can, but if worse comes to worse pop them Motrin 90 mins before the race like I did for Brooksie.  That got me to mile 10, the last 3 were on me...which was the last time I ran ironically.