Beginners and Beyond

Sundaily Penguin Style (Read 27 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.   Waiting for warmer afternoon for a 5 miler w/dw.  Its 37* right now.

Good luck racers!!!!

PADRunner

Morning all 11 long this morning. 45 again this morning but no wind. So it was not too bad.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Jerry!

Just got back from 9:00am yoga class. I am going to go for a run later. I was maybe going to go right after but I was STARVING (which is actually a big deal for me since I haven't had much of an appetite lately with all my tummy troubles) so I chose to eat breakfast and will run after I digest. I have no plans for the day except catching up on a lot of housework type things and running a few errands so I can run whenever I want (I so rarely get to say that!)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You snuck in PAD, morning to you too!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Zelanie

Morning!  We are having a good time on our trip.  We saw two plays yesterday, King Lear and Taming of the Shrew, got to spend time with family, and I got a run and a walk in at the local park.  The trees are really at their best right now and it was absolutely beautiful!

Ginny- This is my first time to Ashland other than "last gas before California" when we're on the freeway.  That's awesome that you've been through here on the PCT!  They are going to be filming the Ashland scenes for the movie "Wild" here in a couple of days, so they had all these graphic artists out making 1995-era posters to hang up on the kiosk downtown.  If only I still had my dreadlocks, I could have stayed and been in the movie, hehe.

Jerry- Hope it warms up for you!  It was about that on my run yesterday, and it was cold!

PAD- Nice long run!

kristin- Glad you're feeling better!

hog4life

Zel, you had dreadlocks? Oh no Joking

Pad, nice run.

Kristin, not underwear again, lol

I'll trey to get 10 later. I want to have about 20 miles by Tuesday so I can rest W-F, then HM on Sat. Kinda sucks that I'm on nights this week, but I'll be taking a vacation day on Friday.

It is SNOWING. I am not pleased.

Yesterday I ran 6.2 and pushed speed a bit and called that good for my last "long" run before the 10-miler next Saturday. I planned to do more, but I'm struggling with some ITB pain and I didn't want to push it. The knee pain I've been dealing with is not just my knee, it seems. Today's a rest day with stretching and exercises recommended by my chiropractor. I'm going to keep running this week through the race, and then probably take a week off.

Traci- Yes, I bought your Garmin, and yes, it still works well! I'm sorry your new one is not working right. That's just not fair.

Damaris - OUCH! Been there, done that, thankfully didn't have a race scheduled. Hopefully that won't happen again any time soon!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Jerry: 37? Must be heaven. We are still around 86 today.

PAD: Good work. You have really been at it, lately.

kristin: Sounds like my day. Errands and such...

Zel: Where are you on your trip?

Hog: Do you have a goal for your HM?

Mickey: Good luck with the ITB, there seems to be a lot of that going around.

Bin: How was the 32K?

As for me, I did 20 miles at an 8:40 pace.  A hot shower is next then it is out to breakfast and the LRS. DD needs a new pair of racers.

Enjoy.

obiebyke

Waiting the 19 minutes until football starts on a RD. My leg is much better but not 100%. My cold is still definitely here. I remembered I have a neti pot, so I started doing that. Shoo, cold, shoo!

Glad you're feeling better, Kristin!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Dad on the run.

Hey all just got back from church. Having lunch at parents house. Hoping for 3+ miles tonight. Did Get rt a pretty good weight workout in this morning I have been skimping a bit this week so had to do legs, back, bi, and tris.

Finally found some tape that sticks! Mueller tape from Wal greens. Woot!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Mitch- YUP!!! For those not facebook friends with me I saw the SECOND pair of men's underwear on the sidewalk in the last few months! What goes on in my neighborhood?! I also just saw a parked car open a door at a very poorly timed moment and a speeding car crash into it and rip it right off it's hinges!

Zelanie

We are in Ashland, OR. Got a photo of the movie preparations for today. They are taking the leaves off the trees and putting green leaves on them since the movie is set in the summer.

Mitch- I think that was required to be a kid in Oregon at the time, hehe. It's been a while, don't worry.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gorgeous Zelanie! I love fall!

5 miles done down by the water. Another perfect running day.....sunny, a little windy, 60 degrees.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Made it up to 60* and got the 5 miles in.  Looks like we will have a chilly LR sometime this week.  Snowflakes in the forecast.