Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #16 (Read 37 times)

onemile

Shit, you might run an OTQ!

re-check your maths 

Runshortii

Onemile I’m really excited to see how you do! Your training has been amazing. Maybe one day I’ll get myself up to half your mileage lol

i ran 5 in Aruba. Heat didn’t feel as awful today. I’m going to really try to get a longer run in tomorrow. All the heat sun and booze has made my running shoes tight lol. It’s fun running down here, there’s actually

other runners out running the strip in the morning. There’s a running path that stretches about 6 miles along the ocean and it’s full of runners, unlike where I live in the boonies

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

i ran 5 in Aruba. Heat didn’t feel as awful today. I’m going to really try to get a longer run in tomorrow. All the heat sun and booze has made my running shoes tight lol. It’s fun running down here, there’s actually

other runners out running the strip in the morning. There’s a running path that stretches about 6 miles along the ocean and it’s full of runners, unlike where I live in the boonies

that sounds awfully nice in January!

DavePNW

Um, cough-cough, ahem; we're gonna need some video of that. Link us up!

I’m looking for the Lauren-Cyborg duet.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I’m looking for the Lauren-Cyborg duet.

I got the piano covered so let's make a B&B Band.

Damaris

DavePNW

Every Internet connected device needs a DNS server to map a domain name ("runningahead.com") to an IP address (204.12.34.123), because Internet actually works with IP adresses, but humans prefer to use domain names.

So your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has a DNS server, and it is automatically (unless you change it manually) pushed to your device. So when you connect your phone to WiFi, you get to use the DNS server of your ISP, and your device uses that DNS server to "translate" runningahead.com to its IP address.

DNS servers have "caches", with a Time To Live (TTL) on each of their records. So let's say it's a freshly booted DNS server with an empty cache, you will ask your DNS server to look for runningahead.com. It doesn't have it in its cache so it will  query for the IP address (to another DNS server) and when it gets the result, it will send it to you, and put it in its own cache, so next time you ask it will be able to send it to you right away.

Now, if the cached value gets invalid for a reason (not frequent but it happens), it will return to you the wrong IP address until the TTL on its cache expires, and it will then query for the IP address anew.

So if it's a DNS issue, it should resolve itself with time.

Well what do you know, it done fixed itself. That’s a relief because I actually tried calling my ISP, and they said it would be an hour wait to talk to a tech support person, so I said FTS. But figured I’d have to deal with it later.

Dave

DavePNW

I got the piano covered so let's make a B&B Band.

Awesome! Anyone else? I have nothing to contribute. DS got all the musical talent in the family and can play everything. And is even majoring in it.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I made the decision last week that instead of doing any kind of leg day at the gym, I would try and hit the trails at Audubon for at least 5 miles. So far this week I've done that.

Tuesday I ran 5 on the trails with an elevation gain of 1,043 ft

And then today I ran 7 on them, with an elevation gain of 1,223 ft.

I'm hoping to utilize these trails in preparation for the Stump Jump 50k this October, which apparently has like 6,500 ft in elevation gain. Figure if I start now and can slowly build up to two 7-10 mile runs on these trails, I should survive and finish before the 10 hour cutoff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 5 miles

DavePNW

I ran 5 miles

But what instrument do you play?

Dave

LRB

lol

I gots nothing. Would've been a drummer but that was way too expensive for my family growing up. I did play the viola in grade school.

onemile

I played the flute in high school 

DavePNW

I played the flute in high school 

Excellent. We can have a Jethro Tull kind of thing going.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I can contribute clarinet or oboe. But haven't touched either since 8th grade.

LRB

I can contribute clarinet or oboe. But haven't touched either since 8th grade.

Great. We can be on the same team.