Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: So easy, a cave man can do it (Read 45 times)

B-Plus

Dang, Baboon, you should earn 'extra credit' for a run like that!

I'll send him my plaque.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi dailies:

Rick - heat wave today, did you wear shorts?

Basya - 7.0, bring a parachute just in case

Baboon - it was dark at night?  WTF.

DaveP - hi

B+ - snooze = looze?

Scotty - glad no one needed a canoe for their commute

D - enjoy the faster miles

I'm going to do some outside miles this morning (gasp!) and then head down to the Y later.

The plow got my mailbox for the 3rd time this winter, so the idea below is going to be a summer project.  But, with the box housed in a 1/6 keg or something nearly as indestructible instead of a pretty log cabin decor that will get smashed to bits.

It looks nice!

Damaris

LRB

I have a red cord session at noon and this just in; I'm hungry! 

DavePNW

I have a red cord session at noon and this just in; I'm hungry! 

I was ready for lunch at 9:30. And I didn't even run today.

Dave

LRB

I was ready for lunch at 9:30. And I didn't even run today.

I just laughed out loud at that, good one!

Ric-G

6 miles last nite, probably nothing today, and we'll see tomorrow...have a good one everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I plugged my half marathon time into McMillan and he gave me 6:34 as 5k pace. So I made it one step harder (because that's what I do ).  It felt harder on my legs than it did aerobically.

You have put in some decent work at that pace in 400 intervals, does your plan allow for longer intervals say like 1000's or 1200's?

That's where the end of the 5k rainbow is.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm confused - our driveway doesn't seem that big to me. It's only two cars wide by two cars deep, and actually smaller than half of our neighborhood. Maybe it just looks bigger with an 8-year-old shoveling. It took him about 20-25 minutes I think. I can usually clear a 2" light snow in 20 minutes or less.

I did go work out today: 900m in the pool. Inhaled a couple snoot-fulls of water but not too bad. I feel like I'm making progress.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

You have put in some decent work at that pace in 400 intervals, does your plan allow for longer intervals say like 1000's or 1200's?

That's where the end of the 5k rainbow is.

I don't know.  I only get my plan a week at a time.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'll send him my plaque.

I forgot to comment on that (saw it late last night).  Very nice plaque and medal!  Smile  See, was it so hard to post that?

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 4.2 miles this morning, it was a warmer 36 degrees.

Then I did 40 minutes my lower body workouts at home:

Donkey Kicks - 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each leg)

Bridge - 12 Sets of 20 Seconds Each

Active Cat - 3 Sets of 10 Reps (each leg)

Superman - 5 Sets of 12 Reps

Abdominal Roller - 4 Sets of 8 Reps

Dumbbell Side Bends - 4 Sets of 12 Reps - 15 lb Dumbbell

Stability Ball Roll-Up - 4 Sets of 8 Reps

Fire Hydrants - 3 Sets of 12 Reps (each leg)

Raised Leg Crunches - 6 Sets of 20 Reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

B-Plus

I forgot to comment on that (saw it late last night).  Very nice plaque and medal!  Smile  See, was it so hard to post that?

#1 rule of RRs: Baboon better not have to ask you to post bling pics.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, my half-day of work today is over, so time for me to get outta here and go home and rest (theoretically )...I may just stop at the Y on the way home for just a very small/short run or walk...and, of course, it will be VERY easy

- altho as slow as I run now anyway, I can't imagine how much slower I can make myself go...but hey, maybe turtles and snails may even pass me along the way....

Here is our forecast for the next week, starting from today...not too bad...

May be back here later....if an afternoon nap doesn't get me!   Y'all have a great what's-left-of Wednesday day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I'm confused - our driveway doesn't seem that big to me. It's only two cars wide by two cars deep, and actually smaller than half of our neighborhood. Maybe it just looks bigger with an 8-year-old shoveling. It took him about 20-25 minutes I think. I can usually clear a 2" light snow in 20 minutes or less.

It's a great photo, worthy of a title and framing. Something like, "Sometimes life seems bigger than it really is".

Artistically speaking it's a one in a million shot. Embrace it, an explanation is not needed.