Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Still on the Wagon (Read 49 times)

Good morning, everyone.

Tomorrow will be five weeks since I broke my toe. I'm healing much more quickly than my doctor anticipated (six to eight weeks).

I ran a 5K on September 27 and a a HM on October 11 as very slow easy runs, with the assistance of tape and Tylenol 3. Good times, I tell you.

This past Sunday, I went on my first tape-free, drug-free run since breaking my toe: 3.20 miles in 30:31 (9:31).

Yesterday evening, I did a little more a little more quickly: 3.70 miles in 34:56 (9:26).

No soreness. No pain. No drugs. No tape.

I'm beyond happy.

LRB

Hi.

There is a thick band of storms bearing down on my location, I am going to try to beat them without catching a lightening bolt up the ass.

Wish me luck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am en route to court in a few minutes.  A run later.

Basya, I am glad your toe seems to be healed or at least at almost 100%.  Good job on the two races.

LRB, hope you don't get stricken.

Damaris

Cyberic

Good news Baysa.

LRB, good luck on you 'Beat the Lightning Run'

D, have a nice run later on

I might be taking a RD. Or not. Body is sending signals.

happylily

gokd morning, everyone. 

Gokd morning to you too, Basya! I didn't know you spoke Swedish. Big grin It's amazing that you could even run with a broken toe. You managed some great distances even while injured! I'm glad to hear that you are healing well.

I have 15 easy miles tonight.

P.S. I see you corrected your post, Basya. There goes my joke... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.

12 really slow miles under the stars.  Fall weather has been awesome so far.

Basya, yay for your toe!

Lily, it's good to see your posts again.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Basya, glad to hear the toe is healing well, injuries suck.

Did 7 this morning, felt good, looking forward to hill sprints tonight.  My wed group isn't meeting, so I'm just going to use the hill by my house and see how many repeats I can do before I give up. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Oh, ordered my Halloween costume last night, doing Deadpool.  Need to work on gathering accessories.  Anyone else dressing up for Halloween?

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

HELLO!  Basya, nice to see you on the internets!

Boy did I sleep like hell last night.  There was a neighborhood dog barking all night.  ALL.NIGHT.  Even with the windows shut.  Kept me up for probably 90 minutes, but it got in my head so I kept waking up.  Meh.  Hard to tell which house it belongs to because there is a cluster of 6-7 houses where the noise is coming from.  But whatevs.  I've got running and biking on my post-work schedule today.

So I see the new Garmins are out.  230, 235, 630.  I am not familiar with the 2-series, but I am well versed in all things 610 and 620.  Looks like newfangled bells and whistles for the 630, including music control, text/email notifications, indoor run/indoor bike modes, activity tracking ala Vivofit, and some additional running dynamics.   Also, 44% bigger screen and slimmer profile.  Looks like a cool device.  In my experience with 410, 610, 620, 920, I'd say give them a year to work out the kinks before buying.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Didn't they just come out with the 225?  I wonder how different are the 230s.

Damaris

onemile

The 630 would have to have the wrist HRM for me to consider buying it.

Cyberic

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Because it required overcoming others' ineptitude (as in, it was authorized yesterday but I didn't discover this until I went out of my way to track down the information that was reportedly going to be supplied to me), I scheduled my MRI for tomorrow morning.  At 630.  It's over an hour away.  I am going to cry.

chasing the impossible

cjones1

Because it required overcoming others' ineptitude (as in, it was authorized yesterday but I didn't discover this until I went out of my way to track down the information that was reportedly going to be supplied to me), I scheduled my MRI for tomorrow morning.  At 630.  It's over an hour away.  I am going to cry.

You live in NYC right?  So, like what 3-4 blocks?  Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

bluerun

Super B****

You live in NYC right?  So, like what 3-4 blocks?  Smile

I live in an "outer borough" (because Manhattan is obviously the center of the universe).  And I thought I was being smart by going to another orthopedist instead of the one at HSS (never mind that the sports medicine doctor at HSS makes me want to shoot myself), because HSS is located so far east that it's a long trek from the nearest subway.  Joke's on me since this orthopedist uses East River Medical Imaging... which is right next door to HSS.

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS WALKING!!  The more I limp around, the more I screw up things that weren't screwed up already.

chasing the impossible