Beginners and Beyond

Taper Saturdailies (Read 30 times)

delicate flower

Look, all I know is that I slept late and don't have to run 20+ miles today.  WOO HOO!  I do have a small matter of 8 miles to tend to at some point, but first will be breakfast out with DW after her 8:00 pilates class.  Tonight we have "Friendsgiving Dinner" at, you guessed it, a friend's house, with a bunch of fellow endurance athletes.

Your turn to post a comment.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was going to sleep in and not get up for any kind of workout, but I woke at 2:07 and couldn't go back to sleep so I said fuck it and went to the gym. Did some back focused workouts, then some foam rolling on my butt, ITB and calves, then went down to the riverfront to get in an easy 3 miler since I was feeling good.

The aches are nearly gone, the only ache or whatever that I noticed was a little tightness in the arch of my left foot that kind of climbed up the inner part of my ankle, but it would come and go.

I was running in the Guide 13's, tomorrow I'm hoping to get out for a 8 mile run in the Ghosts and if I'm feeling really good I'll shoot for 10.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I have 34 miles to run this weekend.   but first, coffee

DavePNW

I have 34 miles to run this weekend.   

I am certain I have never run anything close to that over a two day period.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the 6 I switched to today and piano practice.

Dave, she will be ready to run the Goofy challenge after this.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

delicate flower

Goofy challenge 

Dopey 2021 is on my schedule.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dopey 2021 is on my schedule.

Damn it.  This might be my last Disney (2020) because we might not head down for a while.

Damaris

DavePNW

So I can’t remember if I followed up on my unused vacation payment saga. I did get the corrected payment via direct deposit, the next day. OK then. In the meantime, I talked to one of the other guys who was let go, and he suggested I might want to go to the payroll website and check the vacation balance myself. Because he did so and it turned out they had shorted him a few days. Sure enough - it looked like the hours they counted did not include the 7 days that were already approved in the system for a vacation planned in December. I pointed that out to the HR Mgr and she basically said “oops”. They will get it figured out & make another payment. FFS.

Dave

Cyberic

You've got this!

My daughter's soccer practices only last 1:15 lately, so I got about 9 miles in. I improvised an easy workout of alternating 1K @ 315W / 2:30. I'm trying to figure out what kind of watts is equivalent to MP. 315W is pretty close. I ate very fat food last evening (fried chicken, french fries, and later in the evening potato chips), and MP effort was making me out of breath a little too much. But I'm glad my hip (actually the junction of my left leg with my pelvis) is feeling better. I could feel it at MP, it was uncomfortable, but not hurting. I might be able to resume speed/hill work next week.

LRB

I'm fairly certain the Cyborg does it every other month or so. #justdoit

8 stream grade, two ‘half-hills’, easy pace...not elevated but also not as slow as I can go

onemile

I'm fairly certain the Cyborg does it every other month or so. #justdoit

Haha I told myself exactly that.

12 down, 22 to go.  I moved the long one to tomorrow so I can run with URP

sdWhiskers

NOW it is taper time.

18 miles with 7 solo (starting at 430am, oof) then the rest with RP. Coach gave me a math problem workout that I almost had to write on my arm. Only botched it a little bit and looking at it now, it ended up as basically 9 at MP. Was definitely more mentally interesting than just running 9 straight at the same pace 

75 min EZ

3 sets of:

1 mi 9:30

3 min EZ

3 min 9:10

3 min EZ

1 min sub9

5 min EZ

Then another 3ish miles EZ

onemile

NOW it is taper time.

18 miles with 7 solo (starting at 430am, oof) then the rest with RP. Coach gave me a math problem workout that I almost had to write on my arm. Only botched it a little bit and looking at it now, it ended up as basically 9 at MP. Was definitely more mentally interesting than just running 9 straight at the same pace 

75 min EZ

3 sets of:

1 mi 9:30

3 min EZ

3 min 9:10

3 min EZ

1 min sub9

5 min EZ

Then another 3ish miles EZ

That is an interesting workout and I bet made it go by faster