Beginners and Beyond

NRR: kid suspended for bringing toy to school (Read 412 times)

So my girls come home from school today and proceed to tell me about a boy (6th grader) who got suspended for 2 weeks. He brought a toy in to school for a little impromptu show and tell. No, it wasn't a toy gun. It was his, um, mother's toy. Whoopsie!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Hahahah that's great!! I guess I can see why the school had a problem with that!! How old are these kids?? Guess mom needs to hide her toys better! Wink Edit: I now see 6th grade!! That boy should have known better, and might have actually know what the toy was for!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

LRB

Sound effect please:

Nevrgivup

Honestly, why suspend the kid. Did he really know what it was and used for? Its not like he could hurt anyone with it.  I think this is hilarious. If anything, the parent should be hiding in a hole right now. How embarrassing for her. Blush Hahaha.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

@runjerseygirl

OMG!  That is hilarious!  I would die of embarrassment.  I'm just wondering how he managed to get it out of the house without her noticing.  But, in her defense, I know first hand how easily a kid can find "things" that you don't want them to.  :whistle:

Do you even run?

LRB

If anything, the parent should be hiding in a hole right now. How embarrassing for her. Blush Hahaha.

You've heard of playing possum?  Well that's called playing ostrich:

Yes, the mother I'm sure was mortified.  I can't even imagine.  I do wonder about the model.  Could potentially be even more mortifying ha ha...

A 6th grader definitely knows that is inappropriate to bring to school.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Nevrgivup

You've heard of playing possum?  Well that's called playing ostrich:

Hahaha. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

@runjerseygirl

Yes, the mother I'm sure was mortified.  I can't even imagine.  I do wonder about the model.  Could potentially be even more mortifying ha ha...

Haha!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering...

Do you even run?

LRB

Haha!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering...

Yeah that could be mental scar inducing as some of them shits are barbarian!

i didnt see on of those things until I was in college.

I bet the kid has some sort of history of being in the office to get kicked out of school for 2 weeks for that.

I am sure I would have had to laugh if one of my teachers sent lil johnny into my office with momma's toys. Might need to call the mom for a meeting Wink

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hopefully he didn't have to resort to hiding it in his hockey bag.

PRs:

@runjerseygirl

Now, let's not be too harsh.  Perhaps "adventurous" would be a better term. LOL!

Do you even run?

LRB

Hopefully he didn't have to resort to hiding it in his hockey bag.

Nice!

my life has been too sheltered.

my son's babysitter, who is a grandmother, would have "passion parties" she was one of the top sales people in the nation and we were in a town with a population of less than 7000 people. There are some peeps that do like to get a lil freaky deeky.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas