Beginners and Beyond

Marine Corps Marathon & 10K RRs: The Dockets' Double RR (Super Long, TWSS) (Read 99 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you and your hubby, Damaris!  He runs about my pace, so if we ever FE, I will be happy to keep him company at the shorter race while you are out there doing your longer stuff.  I liked your picture of the FE, that made me laugh out loud.

You certainly did choose wisely for hotel.  Rosslyn is a great place to stay, very conveniently located to metro stations and without all the noises of being actually inside the D.C. city limits.  I usually stay in Rosslyn when I go "back home' (I grew up in the DC area) from here to see some of my family.  If anyone here is planning to do any of the MCM events next year, I would suggest you do what Damaris did and stay in/near Rosslyn.  And book EARLY, it is a popular place to stay.

I guess I could stay with my family at their places...but with my family (crazy folks!), you can only take them in short doses, lol, so I don't WANT to stay with them. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

After viewing your drawing of the FE dinner, I would be disappointed the next that I'm back home in D.C. area and not see any of your works hanging in the National Gallery of Art.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Too fun!! That is so cool that Mr. Docket is running with you. His HM will be awesome and the weenie pointing at Congress is hilarious! You have to wonder if someone did that on purpose...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I want to run a penis shaped race damn it!

Congrats to both of you D, 8 marathons this year, wow and with ups and downs, awesome job!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Let me clarify, I did not draw that picture, but LRS' daughter did.  I think she did an awesome job.

I have no artistic skills other than the piano.

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

LRS

Chasing Muses

Let me clarify, I did not draw that picture, but LRS' daughter did.  I think she did an awesome job.

I have no artistic skills other than the piano.

Thanks, guys!

Damaris, not sure if Shannon should be flattered that you thought she was so young she could be my daughter, or insulted about your impression of her drawing skills Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Crap.  Poor Shannon, I just called her a girl.

Trust me, my drawing skills are bad.  Tell her that.  Maybe she will forgive me? Big grin

Damaris

LRS

Chasing Muses

I want to run a penis shaped race damn it!

Congrats to both of you D, 8 marathons this year, wow and with ups and downs, awesome job!!!

You should run MCM then! They seem to be firm about keeping that part of the course. I mean, the crowds are thick there, so it's no time to get soft. It's when this part really comes to a head that it gets really hard.

LRS

Chasing Muses

Crap.  Poor Shannon, I just called her a girl.

It's OK. She's a girl. I checked :-P

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sober, why am I so confused?  Ha.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Sooo, I read this thing & all I can remember is....."penis".

So there's the loop, paperclip, out & back, point to point and now.........penis.

Is it any wonder Damaris & Julie are both in this thread??

I think yesterday's was all about "meat", no?

You girls are really something.  Good thing us guys are here to keep the place classy!  Cool Shy Joking Clown

Randy

Good job lady. Looks like hubby is creeping up on something.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

happylily

Sooo, I read this thing & all I can remember is....."penis".

So there's the loop, paperclip, out & back, point to point and now.........penis.

Is it any wonder Damaris & Julie are both in this thread??

I think yesterday's was all about "meat", no?

You girls are really something.  Good thing us guys are here to keep the place classy!  Cool Shy Joking Clown

When did I lose my reputation around here? My feelings are hurt... Cry  Damaris said the word first. I only repeated it. That woman is a bad influence on me!

Or maybe Randy was talking about Julie from New Zealand, not me? I heard she has poor morals... yeah, that must be it!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

You should run MCM then! They seem to be firm about keeping that part of the course. I mean, the crowds are thick there, so it's no time to get soft. It's when this part really comes to a head that it gets really hard.

Muahahahaha!!!

D have you had the same issues with water or portopotties there before? Curious to know if that is the norms.

Congrats to both of you Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Muahahahaha!!!

D have you had the same issues with water or portopotties there before? Curious to know if that is the norms.

Congrats to both of you Smile

I've never stopped during races so I don't know.

Damaris