Beginners and Beyond

.3 SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

LRB

Good morning.

We're under a yet another fog advisory with visibility down to whatever that ^ is. I guess I will find out soon enough once I head out for my jog.

Cyberic

I'll be heading out for a jog up and down our little downtown moutain twice today with a group. I'm going in shorts (it's 37 degrees), which is out of character, but I know I'll be too hot with my pants going up. It's the going down I'm not sure about. Oh well, I'll know later.

Have a nice day.

Cyberic

Lauren, about your strap yesterday, I found the problem with mine: if my clothes have static electricity when  I leave, I get these weird readings (way too high) until the strap/the clothes get wet or something. Now, when I put my running clothes on, if there's static, I rub Bounce or Fleecy or whatever you put in your dryer on my shirt, inside and out. No more weird readings since.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  RD, of course.  Unless dyeing my hair counts as XT.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hey.  I've got 14 to get done today.  We're still in Vermont.  Wife is our for some snowshoe then we'll head home when she is done.

<3

No more marathons

I'm sure this has been discussed many times - I'm just too lazy to search through old topics.

What shoes do you use for racing?  Same one's you train in?  Or specific racers.

I train in Skechers GoRuns and Saucony Kinvara - they both weigh in at around 7.5 oz and have a heel drop of 4 mm.

Considering buying some lighter racing flats for 5K/10K races.

Would they make a difference?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I prefer lighter shoes for race day in any distance.  I do some training runs in them (speedwork or LRs with MP miles) to test them and make sure they can handle the distance, but train in heavier ones.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 acceptable miles in windy darkness.  That gets me 38 for the week, and none of the running parts are whining.

Getting hurt and missing a month of running sucks, but the comeback almost makes it a fair deal.  Almost.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

omg THERE IS A COLOR IN MY LOG OTHER THAN BLUE GEEZUS.

4 x 200 (39, 42, 41, 43)
                    2 x 400 (1:24, 1:23)
                    600 (2:09)
                    2 x 400 (1:22, 1:20)
                    4 x 200 (41, 41, 39, 40)

(the recoveries matched the interval that preceded it)

It's hard to judge the workout since I don't really know what type of fitness I'm in, but the effort was around 95 - 100%.

8.8 miles total and I am now icing my heel, something I have never done in all my years of running injuries (use ice).

onemile

omg THERE IS A COLOR IN MY LOG OTHER THAN BLUE GEEZUS.

4 x 200 (39, 42, 41, 43)
                      2 x 400 (1:24, 1:23)
                      600 (2:09)
                      2 x 400 (1:22, 1:20)
                      4 x 200 (41, 41, 39, 40)

(the recoveries matched the interval that preceded it)

It's hard to judge the workout since I don't really know what type of fitness I'm in, but the effort was around 95 - 100%.

8.8 miles total and I am now icing my heel, something I have never done in all my years of running injuries (use ice).

Nice speedy paces

LRB

This was my first track workout with the 630, and the audio and vibrating alerts are woeful in comparison to the 620. On the other hand, there is an interval tracker that lets you know which interval you are in. This is especially helpful with a workout like today's that had 16 steps.

So, while I hate that I can barely hear the stupid thing, not having to guess where I am in the workout is a huge plus. This was really the final test to moving on from the 620, which I can finally do with confidence. I'll just have to pay attention to where I am on the course to know when it's time to crank it up or dial it back.

Cyberic

Nice speedy paces

Like the lady says.

Ran in shorts. Wasn't sure it was a good idea during the first 2 miles, but yeah it was very comfortable afterwards.

LRB

Nice speedy paces

Good luck with your run.

So, moving on.

I am looking at another HM in 6 weeks, and marathon 9 weeks after that.

Trying to decide whether to (1) do the last 6 weeks of an HM plan, then switch over to the last 9 weeks of a marathon plan, or (2) go easy for a couple weeks, start a 12-week marathon plan, and just work in the HM.

The marathon is the main goal; maybe I just answered my own question.

Dave

LRB

Like the lady says.

Ran in shorts. Wasn't sure it was a good idea during the first 2 miles, but yeah it was very comfortable afterwards.

As did I (for the second consecutive day) and you would think there is nothing to it but it just feels weird. I'm not sure why that is as if it was April I would have no problem wearing shorts in the same temps.