Beginners and Beyond

Ray of Sunshine MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Also, FWIW, Cy, I was just poking fun yesterday.  Sorry if I stirred something up.

He's a big boy, literally. 

Say, I heard about the dog with the tick bite from Oregon who was spared euthanasia due to an observant intern. Talk about "lucky dog", I'll say!

Zelanie

Say, I heard about the dog with the tick bite from Oregon who was spared euthanasia due to an observant intern. Talk about "lucky dog", I'll say!

No kidding!  Right after that, a member of my running club came back with a tick in his leg.  Icky!

Cyberic

LMAO!!

Cyberic: I wasn't put off in the least by your comment on the BQ. Heck, it's a fact. I qualified two years ago and didn't make that stupid cutoff so I know how it goes.  You weren't being an ass and I wasn't bothered. What pisses me off is that I can't stay injury free for more than five or six months in a row.

Well, for some reason I thought it was getting worse and worse, and in that sense a one minute thirty something cushion is not enough since this year it was two minutes thirty-ish. But I had not thought of the lower than usual qualifying rate this year because of the weather. So, yeah, best of luck.

As for your injuries, it sucks, and I have no "ray of sunshine" comment to add. Sorry 

Cyberic

Also, FWIW, Cy, I was just poking fun yesterday.  Sorry if I stirred something up.

NP Zel, I'm not offended in any way. It gave me a reason to write another comment here, and gave me an idea to start today's dailies  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

18 miles with the last 10 at MP + 10%. Not sure who was the idiot that scheduled Pilates at 4pm but that person is going to pay dearly....

Damaris

Cyberic

18 miles with the last 10 at MP + 10%. Not sure who was the idiot that scheduled Pilates at 4pm but that person is going to pay dearly....

On a Monday? I see a golden star in your future...

Cyberic

Damn! Hope my crystal ball isn't broken?

Zelanie

I ran 6.  All in a row, for those of you keeping score at home.  I got a high 5 from somebody who was driving by.

onemile

I dunno... today is a holiday.

onemile

Zelanie, any more audio book recommendations?

DavePNW

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights and 4.8 easy miles.

Zelanie, what happened to the bye week?!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap.  It's not like I did 12+ on a weekday and then went to work. Next time, I should have done 20....

Damaris

No more marathons

Zelanie, any more audio book recommendations?

OneMile - I go through a couple of audio books a week.

What kind of books do you like?

I'm mostly fiction - and more mystery than other.

I did read the Goldfinch (I should say, I got through the Goldfinch)

I've read the Girl on the Train (liked it), Gone Girl (liked it), A lot of Lee Child (Jack Reacher), and David Baldachi, as well as Steven King.

Just finished the first three books in the Cormoran Strike Series by  Robert Galbraith (ne:  J K Rawling) and they keep you interested.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I saw the X-men, finally ffs. I'm not sure what all the bellyaching is about. It's a solid flick, long but it moves. I liked it.

My favorite line came from Magneto when he turned and said, "Who the fuck are you?" lol