Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Take Life One Mile At A Time! (Read 27 times)

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone!

Gustav - I'm glad it wasn't just in my head then. I always feel better at a quicker pace, its just a shame I can't hold it for very long.

I tried running again lastnight but was still hurting pretty bad. I'm definitely retiring my Reebok though. They have the Cortana 2 clearanced out on Running Warehouse for 78  bucks. I may grab a pair.

Attempted taping my ITB again since I got a new roll shipped from KT but I still can't get it to stick. Mainly it just won't stick to itself so then it just starts peeling up. I tried rubbing alchohol and even tried the "hairspray" trick. It stayed on during the night this time and when I woke up my leg felt a lot better than it did, soon as I got in the shower though it started coming off. Walgreens sell Mueller tape and its really cheap so I might just try that for shits and giggles. I have also hear Rock Tape sticks a lot better than KT :/

Depending how my leg feels tonight I will either try and get a run in or possible hit the gym and do some arms / back

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

7.8 last night in 68 degrees and light rain, felt amazing! Tonight will be 3-5 with the NOBO class.

Kristin, I agree with Scotty, better to get checked out.

Zel, I need some track work. They actually have a "speed class" at the LRS that I might do next fall. It mentioned tempo, and intervals, which I'm familiar with, but I wonder if I might pick up on some tips. Kind of a long drive to do regularily though.

tracilynn

is the Cortana a touch of stability too? or just the Mirage?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jerry- Nashville tips...I actually didn't get to do much sightseeing while I was there!  I've failed on coming back with great ideas!  I did eat some phenomonal Pho at a Vietnamese place that I think is a hidden jewel...I'll have to look up the name of it though and post back on that.

I didn't get my 2 miles in yesterday, so I'm hoping for better luck (or determination) today.  My excuse is that I had to drive an hour out and then back to pick up my 5 year old puppy from friends who were taking care of her while I was away.

tracilynn

Found a hat y'all can wear at your Turkey trot this year. I

I think I'm gonna order oneBig grin

not sure why its sideways.  dont get a crick in your neck

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I will try to get to personals later, though I have read up on your goings on.

Bin: Glad to hear baby is improving.

SRD for me. Yesterday's 11 mile tempo run kicked my butt. I finally learned what "perceived effort" is.

Have a great day.

Zelanie

The Cortanas are neutrals.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  My tech seems to be drilling something in the lab ... I'm afraid to go look.  It might be my Thriday today, I'm considering taking tomorrow off, just becuz.  I'm hoping that if I dangle a three-day weekend in front of myself, I'll be motivated to get some things done.  Chorus practice tonight!!

Gustav -- glad your shoes felt good!!

Jerryb -- have a good recovery run!!

Mickey -- nice moon image!!

kristin -- so sorry you're not feeling well!!

scotty -- I'm a Sweet Adeline.  If it doesn't sparkle, we don't wear it!!

Bin -- sounds like DD is making progress!!

Docket -- My friend at the Library of Congress is digging out as well.

okie -- hope things loosen up for you!!

Zelanie -- have fun at the social run!!

traci -- put the smackdown on that bunny!!

jblack -- keep trying stuff, something is bound to work!!

hog -- glad your run was amazing!!

kj -- the commute can kill mojo, trust me!!  Often I leave work all hyped to get out there, and then I pull into my garage an hour and a quarter later, and I'm done.

Jack -- have a good SRD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Bin Running

We tried to prep him before the arrival.. I think he's excited to see DD finally "popping" out.. We do sense some naughty behavior these 2 days..

bin, hope the jaundice levels continue to decrease.  They are slow to come down.  Enjoying the baby pics you have on FBSmile what does your little boy think? any jealousy yet?  bad behavior?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Gustav, woohoo for the new K4.. I like my K2 but I think I am not so used to it that I can't run as fast as compare to a heavier Elixirs.

Jerry, Enjoy the recovery later.

Mickey, sound like a great run..

Kristin, Get well soon..

Scotty, Manogram is too funny..haa

Damaris, glad you can get back to work..

Obiebyke, Enjoy the rest..Hope nothing serious abt the calf..

Mel, are you tapering for that HM? Goal?

Traci, Feel great to finally catching that bunny, huh? That turkey hat is so funny.. haa

Jimmy, hopefully, you found the right shoes..

Mitch, great run last night..

kjtd11, hope you get some run today.

Jack, Enjoy the RD.. I read with interest your hills tempo run thread..

Hopesmom, enjoy the chorus tonight and hope you have a great thriday...

Was on vacation today till next Monday.. To finally spend some quality time at home.. Laze around whole day, taking out baby stroller for cleaning. Went for some dim sum for lunch.. Even managed to "repair" my speakers by spraying in some WD40 to the volume pot.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

SheCan

Back from Texas, and have a full afternoon of volunteering this afternoon.  Only ran 6 miles the last 4 days.  As we had a 15 hr drive there and back, we were so tired when we got back last night.  I'd planned on running today, but am not sure it's gonna happen.

Hope everyone else (and our beautiful baby penguin) is doing great.  Will try to catch up reading everything in a bit.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

Ok so I know we are missing a lot of people. I understand some post on FB, but what about Doc, the vet? I really miss some of the old poster Sad

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

For those concerned....gastritis has unfortunately been a recurring issue for me for about 5 years. I've been to several doctors including a gastroenterologist to rule out gallstones, ulcers, cancer, ect and have had lots of tests...bloodwork, ultrasounds, have been scoped ect.  The final conclusion is that I have a very sensitive stomach lining that gets irritated easily and inflamed. It usually occurs after a stomach virus or when I've had to take a lot of medication for something. I haven't had it in over a year though. I'm going to the doctor on Saturday to get the prescription that always helps it go away (omeprezol) and see if he thinks any other tests need to be done at this time.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Kristin - Hope it goes away quickly once you get your prescription. I think I'd take a severe headache over sever stomach pain.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Eating Jelly Belly jellybeans with the flavor guide in front of me, which is much better than just popping them in and wondering.  At least now I know to avoid the pear and banana!  Dead

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.