Beginners and Beyond

I wish MONDAILIES were as fast as Usain Bolt (Read 46 times)

happylily

I know it's a difficult day, but let's get it done. Give me your story, people.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

6 at recovery for me, plus 30 minutes core work, later this afternoon.

Have a fine day, everyone, despite the fact it's a (rainy here) Monday!

LRB

Give me your story, people.

I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and will sometimes drizzle raw honey over them.

happylily

I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and will sometimes drizzle raw honey over them.

Wow, that's a good story!

I usually have a toasted piece of bread with peanut butter, but this morning, for the first time in like a year, I had a bowl of raisin bran. What do you make of that, eh?

LRB

I actually like Raisin Bran, although it is not in my rotation right now I have been known to do serious damage to it.  Lately I have been eating Special K chocolate almond, it has all the yumminess of the kids cereals without the sugar and carbs.

Cyberic

Montreal bagel with only butter, some orange juice and a coffee. I've been at this for maybe a year now. At 9-9:30 I eat a banana or a clif or both. That second breakfast is more diversified. It can also be cheese, yogourt, an apple... Whatever.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rainy here too. Great way to start off a Monday. At least there will only be a few people at work to bother me today and the next 9 days.

I had paleo pancakes made with a banana, 2 eggs and coconut topped with tropical fruit. I don't eat/follow paleo, had seen the recipe & it sounded good.

happylily

Montreal bagel with only butter, some orange juice and a coffee. I've been at this for maybe a year now. At 9-9:30 I eat a banana or a clif or both. That second breakfast is more diversified. It can also be cheese, yogourt, an apple... Whatever.

Aww God... I haven't had a good Montreal bagel in like forever. I'm stuck here with the crap from Maxi... How I miss my warm bagels with cream cheese from the Fairmount bagel place (I used to live right on the corner of Fairmount and St-Urbain).

Little Blue

Oatmeal made with milk, with crunch PB and flax seed.  Trying to up the protein a bit.  Hitting the park early this morning to beat the heat.  We have highs in the upper 90s until at least the weekend.  102 tomorrow.  No work for me this week, I have a huge list of stuff to do around the house.

Hope your Monday goes quickly!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I hate Mondays, that is all.  8 miles tonight.

Damaris

Good morning, everyone.

Lily, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy running and core work.

LittleBlue, have a pleasant run in the park.

Damaris, enjoy your eight-miler.

I did an hour on the AMT. I don't know what I'll have for breakfast.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  It is RAINING out there this morning.  We need rain!  As such, today may have to be a treadmill day, because running in the rain is scary.

Speaking of running, DW and I each have two races this week.  HOORAY!  So work is just getting in the way of being able to focus on that.

<3

Cyberic

Aww God... I haven't had a good Montreal bagel in like forever. I'm stuck here with the crap from Maxi... How I miss my warm bagels with cream cheese from the Fairmount bagel place (I used to live right on the corner of Fairmount and St-Urbain).

Smile

I get them at St-Viateur Bagel on Mt-Royal Ave. I buy a dozen, fresh and warm, get home, slice them in half and freeze them. Every morning I warm/toast one in a small gril-oven. Very close to fresh out of the oven. For some reason I only put butter on them. I think it's because we're often out of cream cheese, and I got used to eating them with butter.

Some say the Fairmount bagels are better. I've had them a couple of times... pretty similar.

Yesterday there was a woman only run in MY park. Had to run around it for most of the run. A woman had a T-Shirt that said "I don't sweat, I sparkle". That made me smile.

5-6 easy at lunch.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello Monday......blah

I am sure glad I had no plans to run this morning, Dorian has been having bad dreams and nightmares over the past couple weeks, normally I'd give him his pacifier to soothe him but he's been weaned from it for 3 weeks now so... I have to figure another way to soothe him. Last night it happened twice, the final one right near 4 AM and I thought I wouldn't make it to the gym but I did.

Only 50 minutes on Shoulders and Delts, I had to skip one workout unfortunately due to it being busy around 5 AM.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps, 17.5lbsX8reps, 15lbsX15reps, 17.5lbsX8reps

Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps

Barbell Upright Rows: 40lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX6reps

Shoulder Shrugs: 35lbsX15reps, 27.5lbsX20reps, 30lbsX15reps, 30lbsX15reps, 30lbsX15reps

Front Plate Raises: 5 sets/ 15 reps/ 35lbs

Torso Rotation: 70lbsX12reps, 75lbsX10reps, 75lbsX10reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

I actually like Raisin Bran, although it is not in my rotation right now I have been known to do serious damage to it.  Lately I have been eating Special K chocolate almond, it has all the yumminess of the kids cereals without the sugar and carbs.

You talk about a rotation.  I don't have a rotation.  I'm a creature of habit like no one else I know, which probably has helped my running BTW.  Anyway, as far as breakfast cereal goes, I find something I like and stick with it.  I haven't ate any other cereal other than Frosted mini wheats for at least a year.

Anyhoo, I ran 7 miles easy this morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)