Beginners and Beyond

Good luck FreeSoul! (Read 84 times)

Cyberic

Big congrats FS!

B-Plus

Onemile - I am in awe of your splits. Looks like you ran pretty close to a perfect race. Well done.

+1, great work.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah lol,

All things were going great up until mile 14 and then I got hit by something unexpected and I am still not sure what it was but it felt like the stomach bug. I felt sick to my stomach, and in the head (not sure if that was the cold.... or if I've got something?? ........   )  . I had to walk, a lot because the jostling of running made things worse. It didn't feel like runner's trots of IBS, I know those things quite well but this felt much worse. By mile 20 I was pissed off but said fuck it, no matter what my time might end up being I was going to fucking finish this. Besides, nobody's first marathon always goes off the way they plan right?

The stomach sickness never really left, and my legs didn't feel shot or heavy until mile 24 but the stomach issue kicked my ass Sad I can handle pain in my legs and go with that but for some reason I just can't fight a stomach sickness... maybe because running just jostles the stomach around Sad

It is now 3:21 PM, I didn't even have the stomach for food after the finish (except chocolate milk) but now I am craving pizza.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

CONGRATS FS! Way to push through and get it done.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

kettledrum

Great job to both of you!  I was out in that this morning only running 5 miles and that wind was a tad fierce at times :-)  Quite a shock to the warmer weather we've had recently.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

congrats onemile and freesoul! Great job

PADRunner

Congrats FS & 1mile!

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats onemile and Andrea!  Great job to both you! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I am not seeing the final result, but if this is right, WOW. Right on goal! And she wrote a pacing textbook out there:

10k 7:42

13.1 7:43

30k 7:44

26.2 7:46

Out. Standing. Great job onemile!

And huge congrats FS on your first marathon!

Great job, Free and onemile!

B-Plus

Way to persevere FS!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

while laying in bed I got my RR finished, I really didn't expect to have any energy to do the RR tonight.... which is why I know that stomach issue didn't allow to give it my all physically, I should be literally laying lifeless in bed.... right? Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)