Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies marathoners and whatnot (Read 53 times)

GinnyinPA

Some awesome racers here.  Congratulations to all.

Lauren and WorkinProgress- good luck tomorrow.

Little Blue

She completely destroyed it. I'm gonna spill, cause I can't hold it in: 3:16:53. For realz. HUGE!

Wow and dang!!!

cjones1

She completely destroyed it. I'm gonna spill, cause I can't hold it in: 3:16:53. For realz. HUGE!

Wow!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's over a 6 minute PR, isn't it?  Holy mother of crap, that's amazing. Congratulations, onemile!

Awesome pie winning and another sub 20 too, Baboon. Congratulations!

2 mile shakeout run for me. I have no idea what's gonna happen tomorrow. Luckily, I sort of don't care.

Good luck!  Sometimes the best PRs are made on race we don't care.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

onemile, WTG!  You did not fuck around today.  That time sorta makes me scared of you.

I jogged 46k this morning.  The run had a fuckton of hills, about 2900ft elevation gain.  I'm tired and hangry, but feel good.  The last 8 miles(after the big hills) were the fastest.  I hope the confidence boost I got out of it makes it worth the recovery.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

Runner with a riding problem.

Baboon

delicate flower

Fantastic!!  I can't wait to hear about it!

<3

You Rang?

Six miles at GHM Pace +30 done.  Enjoying the first truly cold morning in SoCal.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Baboon

delicate flower

My goal in my 5K was to win my age group for the pie award.  Success!  19:51, 6/236 OA, 1/14 AG.  Now far be it for me to complain a little, but by the time they got to my gender and AG, only the pie scraps were left.  No more blueberry or apple, which is a big pile of bullshit if you ask me.  But, pecan pie will work I guess.  The medal was a nice little touch since I like that sort of thing.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Incredible, onemile! Congratulations!

LRB - It sucks. Dang it.

Boon - Tear it up, then eat it up! Awesome!

Lauren & WIP - Good luck tomorrow! Lauren - Having a hand-held will be nice once you slow down to walking and the laps take longer. Enjoy the fixed time race - they are a lot of fun.

For me, 2.3-mile trail race with DS. Didn't stick around for awards, since his age group was 18 & under with a bunch of cross-country kids in it. But apparently my age group isn't nearly as hotly contested, since I got a message later from friends that my 10-minute/mile pace was good for 3rd place middle-aged lady.

After the race we had lunch at a cute little small-town cafe. I ordered by usual breakfast entree NO TOAST and was pleasantly surprised when the waitress offered a gluten-free pancake instead! There was no mention of it on the menu, and I very seldom am able to order anything other than hashbrowns/eggs/meat when eating out for breakfast. 2.3 miles really did not justify eating all of that (the pancake filled a platter), but I did anyway.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My goal in my 5K was to win my age group for the pie award.  Success!  19:51, 6/236 OA, 1/14 AG.  Now far be it for me to complain a little, but by the time they got to my gender and AG, only the pie scraps were left.  No more blueberry or apple, which is a big pile of bullshit if you ask me.  But, pecan pie will work I guess.  The medal was a nice little touch since I like that sort of thing.

Congrats Baboon!  Pecan wouldn't be my first choice, either.  But, that looks really good right now.

Cyberic

Awesome, onemile!

Cyberic

Congrats on the AG win baboon!

Cyberic

PR, holy crap! How long does it take to jog 46k???

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PR, holy crap! How long does it take to jog 46k???

All damn morning.  I made myself start and stay very slow the first half, I was very glad I did. 5:07:26 , 10:45 avg pace.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

9 miles for me. 6 were easy pace and the last three were a progression to HM pace and faster. 8:14 avg pace. I finished the run with a nice bacon and egg burrito. Good stuff and whatnot.