Beginners and Beyond

Stocking Cap SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

Hip Redux

And you made it home in one piece, power to tha O!

Hell ya!

The groin/adductor is still unhappy but it's not so bad that I feel I need to stop.  More of an annoyance than anything else, and my heart rate was totally normal today.

LRB

The groin/adductor is still unhappy but it's not so bad that I feel I need to stop.  More of an annoyance than anything else, and my heart rate was totally normal today.

Excellent!  Cheers!  : : raises glass : :

You ever try side steps on a treadmill with a resistance band?  Those are a superior exercise for the adductor/groin complex, I swear by them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Late to the party, but at what temps do you guys wear gloves?  I wore gloves once at 35F (in Miami, way back when we at least got Winters) and I was too hot.  Then, on February's marathon it was 42F, windy, and I wore them for 30 miles.  Just learning for next year :whistle:

Ran 7 miles and they were awesome.  First real run since the double race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hell ya!

I have an adductor/groin tape position that will help.  I won't take a picture of my groin, ha, but if you put the tape from the belly button (a bit to the right of it), diagonally through the groin and quad area, then do an X with the other piece of tape from the hip flexor to the adductor, it helps.

Damaris

LRB

Late to the party, but at what temps do you guys wear gloves?

Different temps require different gloves.  In the 40's knit gloves work fine, in the 30's fleece work fine, in the 20's I wear both, in the teens I stick my hands up my butt.  lol

LRB

I won't take a picture of my groin, ha...

You know the rule!  Roll eyes

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Different temps require different gloves.  In the 40's knit gloves work fine, in the 30's fleece work fine, in the 20's I wear both, in the teens I stick my hands up my butt.  lol

I am thinking of just wearing mittens.  Will that work?  Ha!

Damaris

LRB

I am thinking of just wearing mittens.  Will that work?  Ha!

Not sure babe, I do not own any mittens or pajamas with the feet attached.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have mittens from out international trips.  It was 5F when we were in London a few years ago!

Damaris

LRB

I have mittens from out international trips.  It was 5F when we were in London a few years ago!

I am sure, grown boys do not wear mittens though...do they?  I guess the last time I wore a mitten was in elementary!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe they are not mittens per se.  They have the fingers.  They are just as thick as mittens.

And Lori (don't recall her screen name) gave me a pair of Canadian mittens I am planning on using next year.

Damaris

LRB

And Lori (don't recall her screen name) gave me a pair of Canadian mittens I am planning on using next year.

Bertha Slayer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bertha Slayer.

Yes, that's what I get from knowing people in FB more than here.  Ha.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

All this talk of cold (very cold) weather made me take stock of my cold weather clothing. I have enough cloths to keep me warm in some extreme temperatures. Unfortunately, the clothing I have for those conditions are not really suitable for running. If it was below 20 here and I had to run, I'd use the treadmill.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

If it was below 20 here and I had to run, I'd use the treadmill.

I hear ya man, the only thing that would put me on the belt however, is snow and ice covered sidewalks.  Otherwise, I am outdoors dude!