Beginners and Beyond

Sunday, February 14 (Read 41 times)

Zelanie

Luckily, the marathon itself will eventually come to an end one way or another.

onemile

Onemile, that looks really cold. Was there that one guy in shorts? Seems like there is always one regardless of how cold it is....

Actually, I don't see anyone in shorts in the photos. One guy in manpris.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Actually, I don't see anyone in shorts in the photos. One guy in manpris.

Wow, then it must have really been cold.

delicate flower

Indoor track event on NBC Sports right now.  

<3

LRB

LRB

21 miler in the books. I was really dreading this; I have not run 20+ since probably Sept 2014. And my last two 18's have been kind of rough. But it went better than expected. Average pace of 8:43, which I'm good with. Felt pretty ragged ~13-17, but somehow found a second wind and finished with 8:19, 8:02, 8:14, 7:39.

68.8 for the week.

Just checked you out, that's a long ass time to run yo. Did you stop to eat during any of that? I would have. lol

Nice way to bring the hammer in mile 21.

From the Internet.

OH SNAP. I actually broke 20 miles for the week! Shocking! Last 2 days have been good (6ish with a club friend outside yesterday, 4 recovery on the mill today), no complaints at all from the bad calf or the bad foot, so maybe my funk is over.

DavePNW

Just checked you out, that's a long ass time to run yo. Did you stop to eat during any of that? I would have. lol

Nice way to bring the hammer in mile 21.

Thanks. Yeah, it was a 3-hour tour, but felt like I was out there for a whole season of Gilligan's Island.

I have not used any in-run water or fuel yet this cycle, even up to 18, but figured I better do something today. Took a Gu at mile 8 & 16. Bought a bottle of water at a gas station at mile 8 to wash down my first Gu, and kept it with me. Although didn't use it much other than to wash down my 2nd Gu. FTR: Espresso Love (yum) and Vanilla Bean.

Dave

LRB

Thanks. Yeah, it was a 3-hour tour, but felt like I was out there for a whole season of Gilligan's Island.

I have not used any in-run water or fuel yet this cycle, even up to 18, but figured I better do something today. Took a Gu at mile 8 & 16. Bought a bottle of water at a gas station at mile 8 to wash down my first Gu, and kept it with me. Although didn't use it much other than to wash down my 2nd Gu. FTR: Espresso Love (yum) and Vanilla Bean.

Someone else expressed love for Espresso Love, and I think I might actually have it.

I typically would take it pretty easy for a week or so after that nonsense, what's Pfitz got in store for you this week?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I was thinking the same thing.  Was that on a glacier or something?

DavePDiddy, nice job on that 20 miler!!

I thought it looked like a typical New England winter day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

I typically would take it pretty easy for a week or so after that nonsense, what's Pfitz got in store for you this week?

Um...yeah...easy week. 

Dave

LRB

Um...yeah...easy week. 

I'd be eating like a mother fucker on that plan! Smile

Cyberic

Smile

You remind me that I need to get started on the Gu, but man, I don't feel like it.

But for a 3 hour run, I think you did a smart move.

delicate flower

The NBA All Star game is on.  I predict a defensive struggle this year.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The NBA All Star game is on.  I predict a defensive struggle this year.

You mean neither team will reach 120 points?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.