Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

According to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus' birth was the fulfillment of the OT prophesies of the coming Messiah. Among the prophesies Matthew said were fulfilled are Isaiah 7:14, Jeremiah 23:5, and Zechariah 9:9.

The roots of Christianity go deep into Judaism, but not the roots of Christmas. Wait, I think that's what Docket Rocket said.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Don'r worry.

Its nearly Saturnalia season.

Please save the airing of the grievances for Festivus.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The roots of Christianity go deep into Judaism, but not the roots of Christmas. Wait, I think that's what Docket Rocket said.

We agreed on something!

Damaris

RSX

Whose idea was it to start the War on Christmas before Black Friday?

When I get a paid day off, I don't really care if it is for a day that I wish to celebrate or not.

Dad on the run.

THM - First I think your just in this to try and start something, if your not and you are really that offended by someone wishing you a Merry Christmas, well quite frankly, get over it.

If you were to wish me a Happy whatever, I would just reply the same back to you. I wouldn't make a huge deal about it because you said something that doesn't fit into my religion.

Jack - Completely agree with you, people are way to damn sensitive.

I've got a ton of things that I don't agree with based off my religious beleifs but I'm not going to make a big deal about it or come on an internet forum and whine about it like a brat.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

There is so much love here that it's more of a melt your heart thread, than a meltdown thread.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tar Heel Mom

kween

THM - First I think your just in this to try and start something, if your not and you are really that offended by someone wishing you a Merry Christmas, well quite frankly, get over it.

If you were to wish me a Happy whatever, I would just reply the same back to you. I wouldn't make a huge deal about it because you said something that doesn't fit into my religion.

Jack - Completely agree with you, people are way to damn sensitive.

I've got a ton of things that I don't agree with based off my religious beleifs but I'm not going to make a big deal about it or come on an internet forum and whine about it like a brat.

1) I specifically said I was not offended. Wishing Merry Christmas to random people is exclusionary, not offensive.

2) Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"

3) Very nice calling me a brat. Does your religion teach that it's ok to do that? I didn't call anyone any names.

RSX

1) I specifically said I was not offended. Wishing Merry Christmas to random people is exclusionary, not offensive.

2) Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"

3) Very nice calling me a brat. Does your religion teach that it's ok to do that? I didn't call anyone any names.

I'm offended that you put your bullet points on top of each other.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I say Merry Christmas to include people.  If I said Merry Christmas to only my Christian friends, that would be excluding them.  My neighbor is athiest, and he is included in my Christmas well wishes and gift giving list.  I bet he gets a tree too.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I say Merry Christmas to include people.  If I said Merry Christmas to only my Christian friends, that would be excluding them.  My neighbor is athiest, and he is included in my Christmas well wishes and gift giving list.  I bet he gets a tree too.

There you go again. I'm lost. Don't even try to explain how wishing Merry Christmas to just your Christian friends excludes them. It can't be logical.

And as far your atheist friend getting a tree: that makes far more sense to me than a Christian getting a tree. I can see an atheist participating in a pagan ritual. It mystifies me why a Christian would.

Hip Redux

There you go again. I'm lost. Don't even try to explain how wishing Merry Christmas to just your Christian friends excludes them. It can't be logical.

And as far your atheist friend getting a tree: that makes far more sense to me than a Christian getting a tree. I can see an atheist participating in a pagan ritual. It mystifies me why a Christian would.

How else is Santa going to know to leave gifts with no tree!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What I meant was that I wish everyone Merry Christmas to be inclusive.  I don't want to exclude you from having a Merry Christmas.  If that makes you feel excluded because I included you, then I will exclude you so that you feel included

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Exactly.

How else is Santa going to know to leave gifts with no tree!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

happylily

What I meant was that I wish everyone Merry Christmas to be inclusive.  I don't want to exclude you from having a Merry Christmas.  If that makes you feel excluded because I included you, then I will exclude you so that you feel included

LOL!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

This is like saying Happy Birthday to other people because it's your birthday.  I'm not sure that's being inclusive or just confusing the hell out of people.