Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

Dad on the run.

1) I specifically said I was not offended. Wishing Merry Christmas to random people is exclusionary, not offensive.

2) Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"

3) Very nice calling me a brat. Does your religion teach that it's ok to do that? I didn't call anyone any names.

Just to be clear I wasn't specifically calling you a brat, just people who get on forum and whine. If you included yourself in that, that's on you.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

#artbydmcbride

The roots of Christianity go deep into Judaism, but not the roots of Christmas. Wait, I think that's what Docket Rocket said.

Doesn't the Jewish faith have a tradition of a Messiah eventually coming into the world?

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What I meant was that I wish everyone Merry Christmas to be inclusive.  I don't want to exclude you from having a Merry Christmas.  If that makes you feel excluded because I included you, then I will exclude you so that you feel included

Yes, but for those that do not believe in Christianity, it could be offensive to wish them a happy holiday of someone they don't believe is the Messiah.  I don't care either way, just pointing it out.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is like saying Happy Birthday to other people because it's your birthday.  I'm not sure that's being inclusive or just confusing the hell out of people.

So, if he wishes me a merry christmas, I'll go like this: Confused

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: When the time comes, you can wish me a Happy Christmas and I will not be offended.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What if I say, "Happy Chrismakwanzuka"?

Just to be clear, I don't believe in Santa, but people lining up to see him or cheering for him in a parade does not offend me.  I just see happy people, and thats a good thing.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What if I say, "Happy Chrismakwanzuka"?

Just to be clear, I don't believe in Santa, but people lining up to see him or cheering for him in a parade does not offend me.  I just see happy people, and thats a good thing.

I think that is why people have been trying to change it to Happy Holidays.  There are several holidays being celebrated that week or around it that it makes more sense.

But I remember the conversation on public radio the other day and hundreds of Christians called offended about such an idea.  They were like MINE!  MINE!  ONLY MINE!

This issue will never be resolved.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm going to stick with, "smile dammit", just to be safe.  Someone might hear me.

Awood: When the time comes, you can wish me a Happy Christmas and I will not be offended.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

People just need to relax.  Everybody wants to outbutthurt each other.  It doesn't need to be resolved.  Just enjoy life, and be happy with your own beliefs and realize that if someone says Happy Darklord days, they just wished happiness upon you.  It was their attempt to be nice.

I think that is why people have been trying to change it to Happy Holidays.  There are several holidays being celebrated that week or around it that it makes more sense.

But I remember the conversation on public radio the other day and hundreds of Christians called offended about such an idea.  They were like MINE!  MINE!  ONLY MINE!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Dad on the run.

I grew up saying Merry Christmas, I will always say Merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate or believe in Christmas then feel free to reply back with whatever holiday you do believe in. I will put money on it that there will be far more people that will tell me Thank You and Merry Christmas right back rather than be offended by it or feel left out. Just sayin'

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I've seen many offended people down here when someone tells them Happy Hanukah (excuse my failure to spell it correctly) or even Happy Holidays.  The fact that places of work here have to remind employees that not everyone follows the same religion as them (in writing) shows how it has been.

Damaris

RSX

I say Happy Holidays to my friends who get offended by not saying Merry Christmas.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I grew up saying Merry Christmas, I will always say Merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate or believe in Christmas then feel free to reply back with whatever holiday you do believe in. I will put money on it that there will be far more people that will tell me Thank You and Merry Christmas right back rather than be offended by it or feel left out. Just sayin'

Well, yeah, Christians outnumber everyone else in this country and no doubt whatever state and city you live in, so yeah, the numbers are on your side. That's why you are the ones that need to be more sensitive.

MTA: Quoted and saved forever.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Dad on the run.

Oh, I've seen many offended people down here when someone tells them Happy Hanukah (excuse my failure to spell it correctly) or even Happy Holidays.  The fact that places of work here have to remind employees that not everyone follows the same religion as them (in writing) shows how it has been.

The grammar nazi is watching Docket its Hanukkah. Wink

Chasing the sub 20 5K.