Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - the 9th (Read 42 times)

DavePNW

A good friend is 6'6" and 250ish lbs. He looks like Ben Roethlisberger. He's pretty fit but can't run a mile without ankle, knee, hip, etc pain. He's only good for basketball and volleyball.

His secret to keeping the weight on? A giant plate of nachos before bed each night.

You're welcome

Eric already eats an entire bag of chips every night before bed.

Dave

DavePNW

I actually stayed at the Aria one of the years and it was cheap (less than $150/night).  Last time we stayed at the Rio and that was close to the finish line and super accessible.  We are planning on running it in 2019 to renew our vows mid race since it will be our 20th anniversary. Smile

In 2019 will be our 25th. I assure you running a marathon will not be part of the celebration. Current plan is Hawaii. 

Dave

Cyberic

Eric already eats an entire bag of chips every night before bed.

Half done Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In 2019 will be our 25th. I assure you running a marathon will not be part of the celebration. Current plan is Hawaii. 

Oh, we won't be running the full (hubby will kill me, lol). Only the HM...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I knew my endurance would help at OTF one day.  I won the 22 min distance challenge, lol.

Damaris

Cyberic

I turned down an event some guys are organizing. It's for a good cause: mental health.

So it's a relay run (not race) of 600 miles. It's like 300$ for transportation and food for the run, ok, but you also have to raise some money. I don't remember how much, because I stopped listening after raise money.

I know it's for a good cause, but I don't do that. If I really did want to get in something that needs charity donations, like Boston marathon, I'd pay up myself.

Cyberic

Don't know how I ended up on a cycling magazine web page, but I found a cool vid, and another one about a cyclist pissed at a runner with headphones.

Cool video

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/very-strong-cyclist-lifts-car-out-of-bike-lane/

Pissed at runner video

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/video/cyclist-pays-high-price-for-runners-negligence/

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Don't know how I ended up on a cycling magazine web page, but I found a cool vid, and another one about a cyclist pissed at a runner with headphones.

Good reminder.  There's so much traffic of all types where I run that I never wear headphones.  Can't afford the risk of not hearing what's around me.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19