Beginners and Beyond

Hot Pants ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

25 on the trainer, climbing tonight.  Sadly no sleep in between.

So I take it climbing doesn't affect your foot? What's the highest you've reached?

onemile

Good!

I was just commenting how I felt like an idiot walking through the parking lot at work in them stupid things, which I only bought because I had an age group award for Hansons Running Shop and I pretty much have everything else they had in the store.

Anyway, there was no chafing during my run this morning so I'll race in them at some point. I've had great luck with tights in that regard.

I have actually been shopping for some longer shorts myself because I feel self conscious walking into my work building (even though it's just the basement) in my shorty shorts

onemile

What's the highest you've reached?

The ceiling of the climbing gym 

LRB

Good morning!

I jogged 2 experimental miles.  It was exciting, with a side order of apprehension.  It didn't hurt, but it didn't feel good.  I should know by lunchtime if it was dumb, or not.

Have a great day folks!

Fingers crossed!

Safe travels bluesky dawg!

Are you getting a coupon Boon? Did you ever rent a suit or have you always owned one?

LRB

The ceiling of the climbing gym 

There was one at a gym I once belonged to and while it didn't look that bad from the floor I always imagined it was pretty high when you got up there.

bluerun

Super B****

So I take it climbing doesn't affect your foot? What's the highest you've reached?

There were a couple of weeks where I couldn't do anything that required the toes of my left foot, which eliminated anything above, like... 5.7.  (That's how I ended up doing the same 5.7 on a slanted wall eight times in a row... I would have kept going except my hands were ripped bloody and I was going diving the following week.  Open wounds + saltwater = no thanks.)

But it doesn't hurt so badly now that it affects my climbing, so that's good.  I did a very very stupid 5.11B last time that was nothing but a whole bunch of teeny tiny grippy holds!!  (It was my first 5.11B, even though I'd previously completed a 5.11C.  I don't really believe the people who put up these things know what they're doing; I think they just guess.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

There was one at a gym I once belonged to and while it didn't look that bad from the floor I always imagined it was pretty high when you got up there.

Ha!  I think the higher walls are about 30 feet -- but I'm not sure you can actually touch the ceiling from the top of those.  I'll have to check.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I have actually been shopping for some longer shorts myself because I feel self conscious walking into my work building (even though it's just the basement) in my shorty shorts

Exactly! It's all about context for lack of a better word and walking through the halls of work in your running gear is the weirdest shit ever, and I've been doing it since 2011.

DavePNW

When I was running from my office at lunch, it was only about 10 seconds to get from the bathroom where I changed to the front door. But still a little weird. As was changing in the bathroom.

Do they even make longer shorts for women? Don't imagine you can find 9" inseams like the ones I wear. Seems like all I ever see are short ones, or tights/capris. IDK what the logistics are, but can you wear warmups and take them off at the last minute?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

When I was running from my office at lunch, it was only about 10 seconds to get from the bathroom where I changed to the front door. But still a little weird. As was changing in the bathroom.

Do they even make longer shorts for women? Don't imagine you can find 9" inseams like the ones I wear. Seems like all I ever see are short ones, or tights/capris. IDK what the logistics are, but can you wear warmups and take them off at the last minute?

Of course they do.  I wear those 98% of the time.

chasing the impossible

onemile

okay, I am talking about getting some 4" shorts instead of the 2.5" ones I usually wear 

I can wear pants or a long jacket or whatever walking into the building but returning to it when I am finished running is where I tend to see people I know who are coming into the office. The gym is in the basement of the building where I work. I work on the 7th floor.  (depending on where you park, some people enter the building on this level )

LRB

There were a couple of weeks where I couldn't do anything that required the toes of my left foot, which eliminated anything above, like... 5.7.  (That's how I ended up doing the same 5.7 on a slanted wall eight times in a row... I would have kept going except my hands were ripped bloody and I was going diving the following week.  Open wounds + saltwater = no thanks.)

But it doesn't hurt so badly now that it affects my climbing, so that's good.  I did a very very stupid 5.11B last time that was nothing but a whole bunch of teeny tiny grippy holds!!  (It was my first 5.11B, even though I'd previously completed a 5.11C.  I don't really believe the people who put up these things know what they're doing; I think they just guess.)

Are the designations in meters or are they just random?

LRB

okay, I am talking about getting some 4" shorts instead of the 2.5" ones I usually wear 

lol - That was awesome.

I guess the  self-consciousness comes and goes. Some days I wear track pants and long sleeves (this is mandatory during winter!) but most often I walk in dressed to run like the idiot I am.

There were a few comments and jokes for a little bit there initially, but then people started realizing that I was cracking the best jokes on myself (If there was a doctorate for self-deprecation I would have one!), so no one really says anything anymore.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hopefully things are better and you won't need a bulletproof vest for your runs!

LOL.  I do live in Miami... Wink

Damaris

Runshortii

I need to run 5 at some point today.

A co worker of mine is doing the Madison to Chicago ragner relay and had someone drop out last minute and is trying to convince me to do it. My legs would be 5.7, 5.8 and 3.5 miles which isn't horrible...but I would probably have to forgo my 11 mile long run, and there is the whole camping overnight thing lol. I've always wanted to do one though, it's just so last minute.