Beginners and Beyond

That time of year ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

onemile

I ran 8 on the treadmill with 2wu + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2x1T with 1 minute rests + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2 cd
    R pace = 9.9mph / 6:04, T pace = 8.5mph 7:04

Somehow this got deleted from my garmin before I could upload it.  But my footpod on the treadmill is so inaccurate it doesn't really matter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When is hubby going to start in on the marathons?  The pupil always follows the master.

He says never.

But he is now registered for the 2015in2015 mileage game.  Ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

onemile, I hate when that happens.  Grrrr.

It's not every day you can say you lost 5" on your waist in the last three weeks. 

Damaris

LRB

It was a fun trip, but if I'm ever in a position to buy a winter home in AZ, it won't be in Glendale. Tempe was fun, but still a bit too slow-paced for my liking. Maybe next time I'll head up to Flagstaff for a mini training camp.

It's one of the training meccas that's for sure.

LRB

2wu + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2x1T with 1 minute rests + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2 cd

That looks like the secret formula to Pepsi or something. lol

Nice workout, is that a Daniels creation? I do not have the foot pod so my Garmin is useless on the belt.  Sad

LRB

It's not every day you can say you lost 5" on your waist in the last three weeks. 

That's awesome!

onemile

That looks like the secret formula to Pepsi or something. lol

Nice workout, is that a Daniels creation? I do not have the foot pod so my Garmin is useless on the belt.  Sad

It is the Daniels 5k to 10k 40-50 mile per week plan in the 3rd edition.  I started with week 1 this week.

B-Plus

LRB - as a follow up to the other day, what are your temperature ranges for your thin and thick tights?

outoftheblue

LRB - as a follow up to the other day, what are your temperature ranges for your thin and thick tights?

What are you?  Some kind of stalker?

j/k

P.S.  I'm going stir crazy being trapped inside by the weather and unable to run.  Can you tell?

Life is good.

Cyberic

Quite a workout! I ran 6 indoors with a foot pod (i hated having to press a button each lap) with a consecutive 3 at T, for a nice short Tempo run.

I ran 8 on the treadmill with 2wu + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2x1T with 1 minute rests + 4x(200R, 200jog) + 2 cd

Somehow this got deleted from my garmin before I could upload it.  But my footpod on the treadmill is so inaccurate it doesn't really matter.

B-Plus

j/k

P.S.  I'm going stir crazy being trapped inside by the weather and unable to run.  Can you tell?

Lol. Crazy workout you did there. Although I often refer back to Daniels, his workouts make my head spin.

LRB

It is the Daniels 5k to 10k 40-50 mile per week plan in the 3rd edition.  I started with week 1 this week.

I followed the 2nd edition version of that plan beginning in January 2013 through June and blew the doors off my race times across the board.

A variation of it forms the foundation of my base training believe it or not.

LRB

Actually, yes. lol

BP I think the thin pair will be for temps in the 30's and the thick pair for temps in the 20's.

Once it gets into the teens I usually go with two layers but will have to see how that works with tights.

onemile

Quite a workout! I ran 6 indoors with a foot pod (i hated having to press a button each lap) with a consecutive 3 at T, for a nice short Tempo run.

Thanks.With these Daniels workouts with the 200's I am not even bothering to press the lap button and just letting it run all together.

onemile

I followed the 2nd edition version of that plan beginning in January 2013 through June and blew the doors off my race times across the board.

A variation of it forms the foundation of my base training believe it or not.

I actually think the 3rd edition plan looks more reasonable.