Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Toasty & Roasty (Read 40 times)

DavePNW

I find it impossible not to just hammer 200s

I generally agree, except when they come after 6x1 mile tempo intervals. 

Dave

onemile

lol

bluerun

Super B****

The odds of my ever having a chance to experience this are pretty much  nonexistent so I'll have to take your word for it

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Club workout - 7 miles total, 3 sets of 800/800 - short jog within set, longer jog between sets. I overcooked myself a little on the third rep and just hung on to finish from there, oof. 3:10/3:06, 3:04/3:10, 3:10/3:09. Didn't feel terrible, just didn't have it in me to cut down after that 3:04. Will probably jog an easy 30 min later.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon,  is your vacation issue because you would be out on a payroll Tuesday?

bluerun

Super B****

My boss just referred to a word that was "misspelled wrong." It took every bit of self-restraint I possess not to rip his head off.

chasing the impossible

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon,  is your vacation issue because you would be out on a payroll Tuesday?

Correct, not to mention for that particular payroll, it will be our first where we are on our own with no more consultants on site to hold our hands.  I need a proper vacation though.  My PTO bank is up to five weeks accrued, which I never let happen, and that is after cashing in eight days.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck with the miles tonite, Damaris.  I imagine down there you are even warmer than San Antonio is.

You have missed a lot.  I moved to Indianapolis two months ago.  The high today is 50F and I love it!

Damaris

From the Internet.

My boss just referred to a word that was "misspelled wrong." It took every bit of self-restraint I possess not to rip his head off.

LOL now you have to identify the word and misspell it in a different way

bluerun

Super B****

LOL now you have to identify the word and misspell it in a different way

I'm the unofficial office proofreader so I could technically do that... nobody would know the difference.

And I just read a review on the Jackrabbit blog of the Levitate 3... they called it the "third reiteration" of the shoe. THAT IS UNNECESSARILY REDUNDANT. (Is it really obvious that I'm extremely pissy?)

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm a happy early bird lol, hell if I wake up at 1 and feel like it I'll go for a run and then get back into bed. I like to be at the gym between 2:30 and 4 because my eye candy is in there around that time 

I forgot to freaking foam roll damn it....... my ITB is still feeling a bit tight right now, I've got massage appointment  this Friday morning so can't wait.

So far, I think the Saucony Guides and Brooks Ghosts might just be the shoes for me, verdict is not 100% in for the Ghosts though.... Monday my left leg still feeling sore so hopefully now that it appears my legs are feeling better I can get another run in with them that will tell me whether or not I'll keep them. I won't make a judgement call just because my left leg is unhappy while my right leg is doing fine.

Damaris I cannot describe how happy I am that you finally moved out of that hell hole and your lungs are happy and you are enjoying it up here. Indiana is not the state I'd live in if I had a choice, but it is a hell of a lot better than Florida lol.... or any of those states down in the southeastern corner for that matter lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Really nice run/walk around my neighborhood last night after work. Did 3.1 miles of hills in my area.  Felt really good and strong.  Still slow as all get-out - 36:28, averaging 11:35 per mile; Mile 1 - 2 was 11:10 - but feeling really well...

Dogs are faster than ducks...

just 24 mins run stand on the mill, elevate , just warmup

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

YAY!  I notice when I get bronchitis that I have coughing after working out for quite a while even after I'm "well".  Hopefully what you had last night is just the lingering stuff that take awhile to go away and not actual sickness.

Please be right. Please be right. Please be right!

Baboon...that image is the best - made my day.

Scotty...where were you at in Ohio?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm a happy early bird lol, hell if I wake up at 1 and feel like it I'll go for a run and then get back into bed. I like to be at the gym between 2:30 and 4 because my eye candy is in there around that time 

I forgot to freaking foam roll damn it....... my ITB is still feeling a bit tight right now, I've got massage appointment  this Friday morning so can't wait.

So far, I think the Saucony Guides and Brooks Ghosts might just be the shoes for me, verdict is not 100% in for the Ghosts though.... Monday my left leg still feeling sore so hopefully now that it appears my legs are feeling better I can get another run in with them that will tell me whether or not I'll keep them. I won't make a judgement call just because my left leg is unhappy while my right leg is doing fine.

Damaris I cannot describe how happy I am that you finally moved out of that hell hole and your lungs are happy and you are enjoying it up here. Indiana is not the state I'd live in if I had a choice, but it is a hell of a lot better than Florida lol.... or any of those states down in the southeastern corner for that matter lol.

Probably cause you're in the boonies. Wink

And yes, FL is fucked up and glad to be gone!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Correct, not to mention for that particular payroll, it will be our first where we are on our own with no more consultants on site to hold our hands.  I need a proper vacation though.  My PTO bank is up to five weeks accrued, which I never let happen, and that is after cashing in eight days.

Totally,  you need a vacation after all this and a process should not be reliant on one person.  One of my coworkers passed away suddenly this summer,  there were a number of things he did that no one else in that program knew how to do. I trained 2 people so there is now a back up.