Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Toasty & Roasty (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Totally,  you need a vacation after all this and a process should not be reliant on one person.  One of my coworkers passed away suddenly this summer,  there were a number of things he did that no one else in that program knew how to do. I trained 2 people so there is now a back up.

We realized this during the shutdown when none of us 4 knew where the fucking key to the mail was and other shit we needed to do while the rest of the employees were at home.  A company should always have a plan for when people are on vacation.  And if you had to work, Baboon, I don't get why you can't do it from Orlando as this is not the 20th century when people had to be present to work.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We're in the midst of our first winter storm of the season. It wasn't raining when I got up (and I slept in until 530!) so I headed out for 6 miles. A little drizzle for about 10 min but the sun was even poking through by the end. By the time I'm ready to leave for work, complete down pour. Drive into work was pretty dicey as my car slid across a bridge from all the water. I will be leaving right after lunch so as to avoid the evening commute nonsense because that's when the heaviest rain is expected.

sdWhiskers

And yes, FL is fucked up and glad to be gone!

There are definitely times that I miss living in Florida. There's no chance of me finding a job there in my current career but I would move back there someday   But I wouldn't want to be where you were. I loved the Jupiter area.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Probably cause you're in the boonies. Wink

And yes, FL is fucked up and glad to be gone!

Lol eh, I like the smaller towns, I hate, hate, do not like Evansville one bit. Freaking morons, but I am not a big city girl, I prefer the country... as long as I am no more than 30 minutes from a grocery store or gas station or retail store of some kind 

Honestly, I'd love to live near the Rockies, that is my preferred location 

Well, actually there is one thing I do really like about this area... the biggest predators we have to worry about are coyotes, and then the biggest animal is a white-tailed deer... not sure if I'd really want to live near bears, moose, mountain lions and elks and bison and stuff lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would love to live in Cali, but here we are :-P

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There are definitely times that I miss living in Florida. There's no chance of me finding a job there in my current career but I would move back there someday   But I wouldn't want to be where you were. I loved the Jupiter area.

Jupiter is not what it used to be.  Still expensive but I think overpopulated like the rest of South Florida is.  Some of those houses, though, damn it.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would love to live in Cali, but here we are :-P

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jupiter is not what it used to be.  Still expensive but I think overpopulated like the rest of South Florida is.  Some of those houses, though, damn it.

I lived in Naples as a kid for a bit...also not what it used to be!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

I'm the unofficial office proofreader so I could technically do that... nobody would know the difference.

And I just read a review on the Jackrabbit blog of the Levitate 3... they called it the "third reiteration" of the shoe. THAT IS UNNECESSARILY REDUNDANT. (Is it really obvious that I'm extremely pissy?)

That would be acceptable if it was the 6th iteration.

Dave

LRB

I ran 7.9 (8 x 400).

It was my first true speed session since August 10th and coming off of 26 miles of stupid two and half weeks ago, I didn't really push it until the last few reps. My right hamstring came along for the ride and I expect my right glute to tap me on the shoulder at some point today and ask WTF. Otherwise, good. 👍

sdWhiskers

I ran 7.9 (8 x 400).

It was my first true speed session since August 10th and coming off of 26 miles of stupid two and half weeks ago, I didn't really push it until the last few reps. My right hamstring came along for the ride and I expect my right glute to tap me on the shoulder at some point today and ask WTF. Otherwise, good. 👍

You did no speed during marathon training? Glad you are back at it! So what's next??

On a related note, I have no idea what it means when runners talk about their glutes firing or not firing  

GinnyinPA

The only time I get up at 2:00 is when I went to bed at midnight and give up on going to sleep at 2. Then I'll read for an hour or two and usually fall asleep around 3:30 or 4.

The only place in Florida I could see myself living in would be up north in Tallahassee or along the coast thereabouts. However, with all the hurricane damage, it isn't as appealing as it was 5 years ago. I lived in California (San Francisco) and would never want to do it now. It has a lot of natural beauty, but that isn't enough to make it worth dealing with the craziness. I would love to live in Colorado, but it has gotten too expensive and crowded as well. Montana appeals because of the mountains, but I get SADD, and 6 months of grey skies would kill me.

So-I'm - a Runner - I'm glad you were able to do a run finally. I hope the lungs continue to clear out.

Baboon - years ago my boss offered to get me a satellite phone when I went on vacation rafting in the Grand Canyon. I told him my husband would likely just toss it in the river 'accidentally'. He is a believer that vacations should mean getting away from all the BS. I don't think that would fly these days, when you are expected to be on call 24/7.

LRB

Lol eh, I like the smaller towns, I hate, hate, do not like Evansville one bit. Freaking morons, but I am not a big city girl, I prefer the country... as long as I am no more than 30 minutes from a grocery store or gas station or retail store of some kind 

That would be a maximum of 10 minutes for me or no deal. #cityboy

LRB

On a related note, I have no idea what it means when runners talk about their glutes firing or not firing  

Neither do they.

LRB

You did no speed during marathon training? 

Yes, my cycle began on July 14th. I had workouts into September but nothing faster than 10k pace after August 10th. What I meant by true speed is high end stuff that's over in hour, versus the 12, 14, 16 or 18 mile eternity workouts that define marathon training.

I'm currently looking to regain the volume I carried pre-MRT while adding true speed work.