Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Got legs? (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

Hi.

i have some kind of workout tonight. I have no idea what.

LRB

I'm alive.  20 minutes of twisting and pulling, then 20 minutes of TENS.  I've been told I have tight hammies, which was not new information.  Obviously, I need to work on that.  Another appointment on Monday.

Stretch in moderation, you're not gonna undo years of tightness overnight. Overstretching is as worse as no stretching.

delicate flower

Hi.

i have some kind of workout tonight. I have no idea what.

Chest day.  Every day is chest day.

<3

DavePNW

Calorie and carb reload last night (thanks, Yom Kippur), followed by nine hours of sleep, and now today is a rest day.  All good things.  I may go to the pool after work to get a swim in...or not, but probably.

Leave it to Baboon to take advantage of the post-fast feast, without the fast.

Probably tomorrow - maybe warm up on the elliptical, then try hopping on the treadmill (before being forced back to the elliptical in disgust).

My post from yesterday - this is what I did. Except after 20 min on the elliptical, stayed on the treadmill for 3 whole miles, with no shin pain. What a relief. Even made it progressive, from slow end of recovery down to fast end of easy. I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. It felt really good, I even worked up a sweat. The only issue was my right hammy was still super tight. Anyway, major progress. 

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

You make great points, as usual. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Geezus Step, that's exhausting just reading it! Will that be a mileage PR?

Not a fan of yellow, blue?

Good luck D2! I haven't sniffed 18:00 since that one and only magical day.

As for me, blueberry pancakes, hash-browns and scrambled eggs DEVOURED!

Nope. I did a different 24-hour 3 years ago and logged 90.1 official miles. Smile Of course, that was with training that peaked at 80 mpw, including some 20/30 B2B days.

Breakfast: blueberry-peach baked oatmeal. YUM! My day-before-race-day breakfast tradition.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Great news, Dave!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Nope. I did a different 24-hour 3 years ago and logged 90.1 official miles. Smile Of course, that was with training that peaked at 80 mpw, including some 20/30 B2B days.

Breakfast: blueberry-peach baked oatmeal. YUM! My day-before-race-day breakfast tradition.

That's an incredible PR!

onemile

My post from yesterday - this is what I did. Except after 20 min on the elliptical, stayed on the treadmill for 3 whole miles, with no shin pain. What a relief. Even made it progressive, from slow end of recovery down to fast end of easy. I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. It felt really good, I even worked up a sweat. The only issue was my right hammy was still super tight. Anyway, major progress. 

Yay! 

DavePNW

Yum indeed. You keep taunting me with that stuff.

I have never gotten a cotton shirt from a race. Seems like all the races in MI only gave cotton shirts for the 1-mile kids run or something.

Dave

LRB

I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. 

She goes by many names...or so I've heard. Cool

LRB

Yum indeed. You keep taunting me with that stuff.

Right?? She's posted the recipe a few times but I'm too lazy to actually try making it.

delicate flower

HOORAY running!  It's still dumb though.

<3

cjones1

Stretch in moderation, you're not gonna undo years of tightness overnight. Overstretching is as worse as no stretching.

Yes, especially with sitting at a desk all day, every day.  It's a constant battle.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Yes, especially with sitting at a desk all day, every day.  It's a constant battle.

Keep your legs extended (straight) more often than in a 90 degree postion (with your feet flat on the floor). It's not much but it helps.

I also stand at my desk for a few minutes here and there and make it a point to get up and walk around whenever I can. Again, it's not much but every little bit helps.

LRB

HOORAY running!  It's still dumb though.

lol