Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Got legs? (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

Hi.

i have some kind of workout tonight. I have no idea what.

LRB

I'm alive.  20 minutes of twisting and pulling, then 20 minutes of TENS.  I've been told I have tight hammies, which was not new information.  Obviously, I need to work on that.  Another appointment on Monday.

Stretch in moderation, you're not gonna undo years of tightness overnight. Overstretching is as worse as no stretching.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi.

i have some kind of workout tonight. I have no idea what.

Chest day.  Every day is chest day.

<3

DavePNW

Calorie and carb reload last night (thanks, Yom Kippur), followed by nine hours of sleep, and now today is a rest day.  All good things.  I may go to the pool after work to get a swim in...or not, but probably.

Leave it to Baboon to take advantage of the post-fast feast, without the fast.

Probably tomorrow - maybe warm up on the elliptical, then try hopping on the treadmill (before being forced back to the elliptical in disgust).

My post from yesterday - this is what I did. Except after 20 min on the elliptical, stayed on the treadmill for 3 whole miles, with no shin pain. What a relief. Even made it progressive, from slow end of recovery down to fast end of easy. I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. It felt really good, I even worked up a sweat. The only issue was my right hammy was still super tight. Anyway, major progress. 

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

You make great points, as usual. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Geezus Step, that's exhausting just reading it! Will that be a mileage PR?

Not a fan of yellow, blue?

Good luck D2! I haven't sniffed 18:00 since that one and only magical day.

As for me, blueberry pancakes, hash-browns and scrambled eggs DEVOURED!

Nope. I did a different 24-hour 3 years ago and logged 90.1 official miles. Smile Of course, that was with training that peaked at 80 mpw, including some 20/30 B2B days.

Breakfast: blueberry-peach baked oatmeal. YUM! My day-before-race-day breakfast tradition.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Great news, Dave!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Nope. I did a different 24-hour 3 years ago and logged 90.1 official miles. Smile Of course, that was with training that peaked at 80 mpw, including some 20/30 B2B days.

Breakfast: blueberry-peach baked oatmeal. YUM! My day-before-race-day breakfast tradition.

That's an incredible PR!

onemile

My post from yesterday - this is what I did. Except after 20 min on the elliptical, stayed on the treadmill for 3 whole miles, with no shin pain. What a relief. Even made it progressive, from slow end of recovery down to fast end of easy. I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. It felt really good, I even worked up a sweat. The only issue was my right hammy was still super tight. Anyway, major progress. 

Yay! 

DavePNW

Yum indeed. You keep taunting me with that stuff.

I have never gotten a cotton shirt from a race. Seems like all the races in MI only gave cotton shirts for the 1-mile kids run or something.

Dave

LRB

I stretched out the calves in between, as instructed by onemile. Clearly she is a witch, or some kind of sorceress. 

She goes by many names...or so I've heard. Cool

LRB

Yum indeed. You keep taunting me with that stuff.

Right?? She's posted the recipe a few times but I'm too lazy to actually try making it.

Baboon

delicate flower

HOORAY running!  It's still dumb though.

<3

cjones1

Stretch in moderation, you're not gonna undo years of tightness overnight. Overstretching is as worse as no stretching.

Yes, especially with sitting at a desk all day, every day.  It's a constant battle.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Yes, especially with sitting at a desk all day, every day.  It's a constant battle.

Keep your legs extended (straight) more often than in a 90 degree postion (with your feet flat on the floor). It's not much but it helps.

I also stand at my desk for a few minutes here and there and make it a point to get up and walk around whenever I can. Again, it's not much but every little bit helps.

LRB

HOORAY running!  It's still dumb though.

lol