Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES rise and shine and rainbows and unicorns! (Read 34 times)

Hip Redux

1.2 miles of run/walk intervals.  Not a peep out of the hip.  WOOT!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi runninggirl!!!  

My LR is complete.  21 miles at 8:05 pace with zero miles at GMP.  I made it a point this week to tire my legs out before the LR, so I'm really happy with my effort today.  Good pace and steady throughout the run with no fade.  And I am now TIRED.  20 milers on back to back Saturdays isn't ideal, but the alternative was to go four weeks between LR's and that shit wasn't going to happen.  This run was a nice confidence boost since I was tired going into it.  My 8:21 PR pace is history.

I have to back 20 milers all the time!!  Nice job.

Damaris

LRB

I eat 20 milers for breakfast!! 

FYP 

LRB

1.2 miles of run/walk intervals.  Not a peep out of the hip.  WOOT!

Great news!

Hip Redux

Great news!

Thanks!

I'm icing now.  Do you know how hard it is to ice your hip joint?  It basically requires icing your crotch.

StepbyStep-SH

In the 6 or 7 years that I've known Shari, I don't think I remember her ever swearing or saying screw you to anyone. With all those LRs she's been doing, I think she's full of adrenaline and ready to kick ass. 

I think I've spent too much time lurking in L&O and seeing the language there. Sorry!

LRB - The problem with any race is that it would mean time to travel and needing someone to watch my son, and I just don't have that available this fall.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice, Oski!

Damaris

Cyberic

Very nice, Oski!

What is nice? Icing the crotch?

LRB

What is nice? Icing the crotch?

lol

LRB

I'm icing now.  Do you know how hard it is to ice your hip joint?  It basically requires icing your crotch.

Try frozen mixed vegetables next time, at least you'll have one course of three ready when you're done. 

happylily

I think I've spent too much time lurking in L&O and seeing the language there. Sorry!

LRB - The problem with any race is that it would mean time to travel and needing someone to watch my son, and I just don't have that available this fall.

Me too.  Although Damaris and Rick, here, have also contributed to my education. 

7 more miles, haven't calculated the pace yet. About 61 minutes, so 8:49 or so? Will run 3 or 4 at recovery after supper tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Ah, I get it.  We are spoiled around these parts as events are plentiful and usually a 40 minute drive or less away.

As long as you are happy though that is all that matters.  Rock on sista! 

Hip Redux

Try frozen mixed vegetables next time, at least you'll have one course of three ready when you're done. 

No one wants to eat crotch vegetables.

I use this contraption with two ice packs - one on the groin, one on the outside of the hip (greater trochanter).

LRB

Me too.  Although Damaris and Rick, here, have also contributed to my education. 

She swears like a mother fucker, while I only swear. 

happylily

She swears like a mother fucker, while I only swear. 

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010