Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Also known as Friday Jr (Read 32 times)

onemile

My area is too dense with runners for me to ever lead a Strava segment. I think my best is probably 5th or 6th or something. But I never try for segments. I could probably go up a few ranks on a couple if I tried...

I do lead in weekly mileage in some not too big groups (called clubs I think...) once in a while.

On a bright note, I think my legs are close to 100% recovered from my 50K. If I was not leaving for Italy tomorrow, I would resume my normal training regimen, but I AM leaving tomorrow Smile

hmmm normal training regime or go to Italy? Tough choice.   Have fun!

LRB

Good afternoon!

I rode 13, and am no longer a lazy slob.

Have a great evening!

I know the feeling. lol

onemile

Does everyone who gets up at 5am to run feel completely spent by 7pm?  I have just not had any energy in the evenings lately.

onemile

I know the feeling. lol

I didn't realize you ran 10 miles on Tuesday. Nice.

LRB

Does everyone who gets up at 5am to run feel completely spent by 7pm?  I have just not had any energy in the evenings lately.

Yes. Eventually it makes crashing before 10:00 as easy as eating pie...unless you don't like pie. lol

onemile

Yes. Eventually it makes crashing before 10:00 as easy as eating pie...unless you don't like pie. lol

Who doesn't like pie? And I never had a problem crashing before 10! But now it's a struggle to be anything other than a useless sack of potatoes

LRB

I didn't realize you ran 10 miles on Tuesday. Nice.

Stupidly, I might add!

I might end up regretting it it but I needed that shit, you know? It was wonderful. Even at high noon under full sun.

Baboon

delicate flower

I think I am all packed for my trip to Williamsburg.  We hit the road at 5:00 AM tomorrow for the 9 hour drive.  Hoping to get through NY before rush hour traffic.  Some crappy news though...DW's cousin who was coming with us to race crashed on her bike today and broke her clavicle.  Talk about terrible timing.  She is out of commission and won't make the trip.  Major bummer that her and her husband can't come.  They are our vacation buddies.  Wife and I are still going but it won't be as fun.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Race recap: I SUCK.  (Seriously, I never get side stitches while running; fine time for one to show up. 😡)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Who doesn't like pie? And I never had a problem crashing before 10! But now it's a struggle to be anything other than a useless sack of potatoes

Well, if there's one thing I've learned on the forums over the years is to never presume anything!

Yes, welcome to your new life. Where weeds grow in the cracks of your driveway and you say I'll get them tomorrow, EVERYDAY. lol

No more marathons

. If I was not leaving for Italy tomorrow, I would resume my normal training regimen, but I AM leaving tomorrow Smile

Where in Italy?

We're heading that way in August - Florence.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I think I am all packed for my trip to Williamsburg.  We hit the road at 5:00 AM tomorrow for the 9 hour drive.  Hoping to get through NY before rush hour traffic.  Some crappy news though...DW's cousin who was coming with us to race crashed on her bike today and broke her clavicle.  Talk about terrible timing.  She is out of commission and won't make the trip.  Major bummer that her and her husband can't come.  They are our vacation buddies.  Wife and I are still going but it won't be as fun.

Is this a race race or a training event?

No more marathons

Another 3.5 miles after work.

This was a trail run in the forest.  Took me a while to get going, but I kept getting faster - ended up with a 1.75 out  in 15:56 and back in 14:34.

And yes, the return is a Strava segment, but I'm so far off the pace I don't even show up on the first page.  Unless you just look at this year, then I'm 19 of 93.  It's a 1.3 mile segment and the top time this year is 7:47.  That's a 5:47 pace FFS.  Who is that dude?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

Is this a race race or a training event?

It is a race.  Half ironman #2 of 3 on the year.  I am nervous about the swim because wetsuits won't be allowed (water is too warm).

<3

Cyberic

Where in Italy?

We're heading that way in August - Florence.

Landing in Rome, then Florence, Milan, Verone, and finally Venise (sorry for the French names. Not sure of the names in English). 28 days total.