Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - Also known as Friday Jr (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I go without caffeine added to mine which limits my choices, not that I would eat them all as some of them are gag inducing. Anyway, peanut butter, big apple and lemon sublime are my faves. All by GU.

I do like the salted caramel one too, despite the caffeine.

I do salted caramel and salted watermelon GUs.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I use standard Gu. Generally the ones WITH caffeine, because caffeine. The only flavor I really don't like (although there are some crazy flavors I haven't tried) is Chocolate Outrage. Even though I love everything chocolate, that stuff is like the consistency of frosting, and just doesn't go down well.

This is why my husband LOVES Chocolate Outrage, LOL.

Damaris

LRB

I do salted caramel and salted watermelon GUs.

Is it yummy and delicious?

bluerun

Super B****

Well, I mean, if you don't like sweet there's always this ...

(Note: I have not tried that, and I will not try it.  Much as I hate things that are too sweet while running, the thought of savory things makes me want to vomit.  I used apple cinnamon Hammer gels during races.  It's just one or two for a HM, so that's fine.  A marathon... I get a little sick of it.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is it yummy and delicious?

It is!  Even more than the caramel and I love the caramel.

Damaris

Zelanie

Another vote for salted caramel.  I've been liking the clif shot blocks lately, too.  I never liked having to chew before, but maybe when you're slower it doesn't suck as much?

onemile

I have grown more tolerance for gels over time. My go-to's are Gu Espresso Love, Caramel Machiatto and Salted Caramel. They are all very similar with Espresso Love being the least sweet.  The strawberry banana/banana tend to be pretty sweet.  I've tried most flavors of Gu and if a race is handing them out, I'll eat whatever because I really don't care anymore.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Gu Espresso Love

The only one I have ever used.  It's so good, I didn't need to try another.

I bought a 24 pack for last winter's marathon.  Good thing they last forever.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 done. 8+ for today. My coach gave me an RD tomorrow, bless her heart.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Peeing after eating beets and asparagus can throw you for a fucking loop. Like, for real.

#dafuck

Raw broccoli the same way....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

My go-to's are Gu Espresso Love, Caramel Machiatto and Salted Caramel.

I've tried most flavors of Gu and if a race is handing them out, I'll eat whatever because I really don't care anymore.

+1 to the first part. Agree Espresso Love is the best, but I like to give myself some variety. I also go with Vanilla, Jet Blackberry, and Tri-Berry.

Also generally agree with the second part, however I never take them from races anymore. If I am going to need them, I always bring my own. Ever since the one time a marathon promised 4 Gu stations, but the first one did not end up being till mile 10.

I take 4 in marathons, at about 6, 12, 18, 23ish. One in a half, at around 7.

I ran a 5k where they handed out Gu at mile 0.5. 

Dave

LRB

Another vote for salted caramel.  I've been liking the clif shot blocks lately, too.  I never liked having to chew before, but maybe when you're slower it doesn't suck as much?

Love them but the little pieces get stuck in my chiclets and it annoys the hell out of me.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5.2 miles of hilly hills at Fort Sam Houston this morning.   I started at 6:15 a.m. thinking to beat the heat but, hey, this is Texas.  Already dang near 78 degrees at that time in the morning.   Even so, felt pretty good and had a good run/walk.  At one point went speeding around the corner of a building and almost ran smack into a marching troop of Army trainees who were going to class.  Glad they were not carrying rifles with bayonets out!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

My area is too dense with runners for me to ever lead a Strava segment. I think my best is probably 5th or 6th or something. But I never try for segments. I could probably go up a few ranks on a couple if I tried...

I do lead in weekly mileage in some not too big groups (called clubs I think...) once in a while.

On a bright note, I think my legs are close to 100% recovered from my 50K. If I was not leaving for Italy tomorrow, I would resume my normal training regimen, but I AM leaving tomorrow Smile

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I rode 13, and am no longer a lazy slob.

Have a great evening!

Runner with a riding problem.