Beginners and Beyond

What Day is This? FriDAILIES? (Read 34 times)

Yugo8

Nice and strong hilly 9 miles.  Clean, fluffy snow everywhere with finally-clear sidewalks and the sun shining on everything.  Now off the the YMCA with my Mom, where I will either do some weight work or cross train on another cardio machine.  Hmmmm.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well,the Christmas tree is down and all the inside decorations are carefully packed up. Outside is down but not put away. I'm making new bows for the bells and wreaths before they get put back in the containers so they will have non faded bows next year.  I've ordered new LED lights that are solar powered to replace all the outside ones. I just need to have the guy in the neighborhood that recycles all the old Christmas lights to come get them.

Marjorie

happylily

9 easy, 8:19 pace, with 10x150m strides in the middle.

Good lord, I have to stop opening the fridge and grab everything in there or I will soon float away in the sky like a big helium balloon. Why do people always give sweets when they have no clue what to buy? Why not a nice plant? Unfortunately, DS doesn't like sweets and SO is sick, so it's my job to eat all the sugar in the house before it turns bad. 

I hope you all had a nice and easy return to work, or another restful vacation day. Have a great evening everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Well,the Christmas tree is down and all the inside decorations are carefully packed up. Outside is down but not put away. I'm making new bows for the bells and wreaths before they get put back in the containers so they will have non faded bows next year.  I've ordered new LED lights that are solar powered to replace all the outside ones. I just need to have the guy in the neighborhood that recycles all the old Christmas lights to come get them.

You are so well organized! My Christmas tree last year came down in April, just in time for Easter.   I thought the tree looked very festive in the house, with all those white lights shining during our long and dark winter evenings (ok, the truth is that I was lazy). This year, my goal is to have it down in time for Valentine's Day. Hey, I should go write that down in the New Year's resolutions thread. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

9 easy, 8:19 pace, with 10x150m strides in the middle.

Good lord, I have to stop opening the fridge and grab everything in there or I will soon float away in the sky like a big helium balloon. Why do people always give sweets when they have no clue what to buy? Why not a nice plant? Unfortunately, DS doesn't like sweets and SO is sick, so it's my job to eat all the sugar in the house before it turns bad. 

I hope you all had a nice and easy return to work, or another restful vacation day. Have a great evening everyone!

I think you are confusing helium with lead.  Big grin

I try to not bring food as gifts around the holidays - or at least not sweets!  So.many.cookies.

delicate flower

7 miles done on the rail trail.  8:05 pace.  I will never again feel like a wimp for choosing a treadmill over icy pavement.  I ran on the snow when I could today because at least snow provides some traction.

<3

tinman11

6 miles on a 50 degree sunny day with no wind.

My tire shop/mechanic is located just down the road from my local greenway so I got in the 6 while getting my oil changed & tires rotated.

I love killing two birds with one stone........

Happy New Year to everyone!

LRB

Christmas tree last year came down in April, just in time for Easter. 

lmao!

10 sets of strides ain't no joke either, nice run!

Supp peeps!  I am just getting in from a day where my calorie intake was probably around 600.  I know right?!  I was really focused on eating as little as possible today and pulled it off.

I am having toasted asparagus now (a dish I invented), and will probably have something light later so I do not pass out during tomorrows run.  But all in all, today was a win!

LRB

8.2. Woot!!!  I could have easily done over 10. I'm happy it is back to normal. Well, almost, but the paces will come back eventually.

Excellent!

Enjoy the 600's D!

Supp Boon!

Hi Hobbit!

You are a machine Beth!

Hope the cat is better Scotty!

Supp O 'deezy!

Great news on the pace Z!

You go, Yugo!

I do the same thing Tinman, literally running out of the shop once I drop it off!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 6 miles in tonight, nice, slowish and relatively easy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rocky and I got 6 miles in tonight, nice, slowish and relatively easy.

That's an excellent way to follow up that blazing progressive run from the other day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I was feeling it a bit during this run, Rocky doesn't quite understand that these runs are different from each other though..... he thinks they all need to be fast lol.

That's an excellent way to follow up that blazing progressive run from the other day!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I think I was feeling it a bit during this run, Rocky doesn't quite understand that these runs are different from each other though..... he thinks they all need to be fast lol.

You are really lucky to have a dog like that.  How old is he?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He turned 4 this past October, but Molly had his energy up to 10 years old and even up to 12 during really cold weather ... I miss her.

You are really lucky to have a dog like that.  How old is he?

PRs

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies! Well, almost night!

Drove back home today and settled into a fair meal and a few chores. Now enjoying a Samuel Adams Cream Stout - MMMmmmmmm......

Anyway, I 'might' try to do a mile tomorrow as a precursor to Tuesday's 2+ mile race/run. I think it'll be good to give the knee a little workout.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54