Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

LRB

Have you ever tried a one week taper?

Do you define taper as a reduction in quality and long runs or a reduction in weekly mileage?

onemile

Have you ever tried a one week taper?

I have done the 10 day taper before. Once it worked well and once it wasn't enough.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Do you define taper as a reduction in quality and long runs or a reduction in weekly mileage?

The quality or intensity should still be there, but yes, a mileage reduction including the amount of quality. I wouldn't run 6 x 800m but I might run 3 x 800m mid-week. Since I didn't normally run farther than 16 miles anyway, running 12-16 miles a week before a marathon was not unusual for me and not too much more than what one would find in a 2-week taper.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run today

Felt okay during the workout this morning, feeling better now. This morning's workout was focused on the back.

Narrow Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX14reps, 70lbsX8reps
          Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row: 30lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 30lbsX12reps, 40lbsX8reps
          Underhand Seated Cable Row: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
          Rear Delt: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs
          Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 66.2lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps
          Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

I am noticeably feeling better now, so hopefully that evil stomach bug along with gas pressure is gone...... I could seriously hear and feel air moving around in my intestines last night 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

8 miles this morning....work today and starting a bathroom demo tonite....kids on vacation this week...i should let them demo the bathroom as they will likely demo the rest of the house ....anyway have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I am sitting at the bar at Max & Erma's (where the fries are always awesome by the way) and Lean on Me is playing on the stereo. The guy to my right is singing it and the guy to my left is humming it. 

#awkward

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am sitting at the bar at Max & Erma's (where the fries are always awesome by the way) and Lean on Me is playing on the stereo. The guy to my right is singing it and the guy to my left is humming it. 

#awkward

you should join in on the chorus.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

#awkward

So, lean on them!

Damaris

LRB

delicate flower

Nice day out there but I treadmilled so I could bail if needed (I did not bail).  45 minutes easy...5.75 miles.  My legs felt good but I got a little winded.  Stupid cold.  Two sushi rolls and an Americano for lunch.

<3

Little Blue

Use the ketchup bottle as an air microphone, and nail the chorus!

LRB

Use the ketchup bottle as an air microphone, and nail the chorus!

I suppose that would have been an option if they were joking around.  

LRB

I just spent 10 minutes in Rite Aid looking for something sweet that did not contain eleventy billion calories. I found it in a Twix Easter Egg, which checked in at 150 calories, an amount I can burn off by running a mile.

I'll take ten, thank you! 

B-Plus

I just spent 10 minutes in Rite Aid looking for something sweet that did not contain eleventy billion calories. I found it in a Twix Easter Egg, which checked in at 150 calories, an amount I can burn off by running a mile.

I'll take ten, thank you! 

You gonna eat those while writing your RR?

DavePNW

You gonna eat those while writing your RR?

Oh, snap.

Dave