Beginners and Beyond

What's on your "I'm too old for this" list? (Read 159 times)

How does that song go......?

I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have taken my DD to a One Direction concert with her friends, but I don't do Facebook.

delicate flower

How does that song go......?

I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Smile

That's a problem for folks like me were never that good to begin with.

<3

Love the Half

I'm certainly too old for late nights out on any kind of regular basis but I have found that one of the benefits of being in decent shape, coupled with decades of military experience, means that I can handle it on occasion.  But not if I have to work the next day.

I'm too old for pop music.  Then again, I hated that shit when I was in high school.  I had a t-shirt that said, "death before disco."  You may still find me at something like a Godsmack or a Disturbed concert.

I'm too old for Monday Night Football no matter who is playing.  Bedtime is 10:00 sharp.  I will stay up until 1:00 a.m. on Saturdays for college football though because I don't have to be at work on Sunday.

I'm too old to sleep in a shitty motel and there is no way in hell I'd sleep in a car.  I still love sleeping under the stars though.

I'm too old for the latest gadgets.  I wait until they are about 2nd or 3rd generation.

I'm too old for mud runs or warrior dashes.  The military cured me of any desire to do that shit for fun.

I'm too old to give a damn what folks think about me.  Of course, I never did.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Everything and nothing.

And Twitter.

Running is dumb.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Bikinis, short shorts, mini-skirts, super high heels.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

meaghansketch

I also am way too old to deal with sleeping on someone's futon or floor.  I will gladly pay for a hotel to avoid the resulting stiff neck.

Is this where I admit that my bed is still a futon?

I am upgrading this month (thanks mom) and a little worried that the change will be bad for my back, since I'm so used to the futon.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Too old to bar hop in Nashville.

Dad on the run.

• clubs
                    • bars
                    • drama
                    • sleeping past 7am
                    • trying to be cool
                    • sleeping on anything that isn't my memory bed

I'm not to old to

• enjoy a late night out with the wife
                    • candy (of any kind)
                    • cartoons
                    • pillow fights
                    • sliding down my stairs in the christmas tree box
                    • being awesome (this is not to be confused with trying to be cool, I don't have to try at being awesome, I just am)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

LRB

I am too old to open that link, or maybe just lazy.  I will get to it later but off the top of my head:

Too old to:

Bungy jump not that I ever did, or would!

To agree with some whack ass color my lady wants to paint a room in the house.

To say some shit tastes good in a restaurant when in fact I hated it.

To care what other people do with their lives.

Not too old to:

Put the toilet seat down.

Hold the door open for someone.

Sing the theme to Sesame Street.

Speak to and/or engage in lively discussions with total strangers.

Pinktastic

I am too old to open that link, or maybe just lazy.  I will get to it later but off the top of my head:

Too old to:

Bungy jump not that I ever did, or would!

To agree with some whack ass color my lady wants to paint a room in the house.

To say some shit tastes good in a restaurant when in fact I hated it.

To care what other people do with their lives.

Not too old to:

Put the toilet seat down.

Hold the door open for someone.

Sing the theme to Sesame Street.

Speak to and/or engage in lively discussions with total strangers.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song!   It's on one of my playlists!    :-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song!   It's on one of my playlists!    :-)

I was asked recently what would it take to wake me from a coma, to which I responded either the Sesame Street song or this oldie but goodie by Bugs Bunny.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have taken my DD to a One Direction concert with her friends, but I don't do Facebook.

One direction?  How'd you get back home then? Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

I occasionally think that I'm too old for "wearing certain clothes,"  "acting a certain way," etc, then I violate my own I'm-too old-for rule.  So I guess the only things I'm too old for are things I'm incapable of doing such as hearing really high pitched noises, seeing up close without reading glasses, and getting away with buying menu items marked "12 and under."

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

TheSuze

Oh!  I got another.   A few months ago, I went to a bachelorette party for somone who is younger by like 10 years.  It was mostly her friends and me... it was at some bar, loud music, dark and they arrived having already BEEN to a bar so they were blitzed.   I spent the dinner having a "yelling" conversation, with my ears pounding from the music and yelling, and the food was meh and the drunk girl next to me kept talking with her hands and accidently throwing french fries at me.   I left as soon as the dinner part was over and they continued on bar hopping.

There was a time where I did that almost every weekend.   I am way too old for that shit now!

Apparently my signature should read "get off my lawn"...

I made up an excuse to not go to my future SIL's bachelorette party a few weeks ago, because it would have been the exact same situation and I was having major anxiety about going.  Eff that - I'm too old for that shit.