Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - Black Ice or snow? (Read 35 times)

workinprogress11

LRB, to answer your question from yesterday, I’m jogging right now kind of whenever I feel like it which so far has worked out to about every other day. I’m not ready mentally to put pressure on myself to keep a schedule yet.

Cyberic

I’m not ready mentally to put pressure on myself to keep a schedule yet.

Smart!

LRB

Feeling worse today. Sinus pressure, congestion and I feel like all my lymph nodes are throbbing.

Coach put easy stuff on the schedule for the next few days but I've decided to not run through this. I'm not training for anything super important, just shorter races and it's just not worth it. I'd rather rest and have this get through my system instead of dragging on and on.

Stay safe is the arctic blast/ polar vortex/ whatever you northern folks are getting! Looks like its almost 100 degrees colder in some of your areas than mine.

I'm not sure I've ever been in a -40 wind chill so this will be something...

Feel better! ❤

LRB

LRB, to answer your question from yesterday, I’m jogging right now kind of whenever I feel like it which so far has worked out to about every other day. I’m not ready mentally to put pressure on myself to keep a schedule yet.

Those are the best runs.

Cyberic

LRB

https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/fueling-for-the-marathon/

"Ask 100 marathoners how they fuel and you’ll get 100 different answers."

First sentence, done!

onemile

Those are the best runs.

and the best way to come back from an injury

LRB

and the best way to come back from an injury

Assuredly. Especially when whichever body part that was injured feels like it's going to explode into a million pieces with each step.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad to see you logging miles again!

Damaris

workinprogress11

Assuredly. Especially when whichever body part that was injured feels like it's going to explode into a million pieces with each step.

Thanks for the support guys.  I don’t know if you’re referring to me, but it’s not like that. It’s now more to the throbbing stage. It’s actually better when I have a shoe on. I still can’t put my full weight on it when I’m barefoot. It’s just weird.

LRB

Thanks for the support guys.  I don’t know if you’re referring to me, but it’s not like that. It’s now more to the throbbing stage. It’s actually better when I have a shoe on. I still can’t put my full weight on it when I’m barefoot. It’s just weird.

Just speaking in general. In my experience, your mind does its best to convince you that you're making it worse, so you're usually only one step away from giving it up completely during the entirety of the run for days and sometimes weeks.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OK, for you real winter folks, this is probably like nothing for you, but for we South Texas, it has been some crazy weather. Sunday near 70 degrees, and I had a really nice run on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Monday was okay too, in the upper 60s...and then this morning it was in the 30s, just a bit above freezing with a really stiff wind blowing.  Right now it is sunny with blue skies and still chilly - for we South Texans anyway - at about 47 degrees.  Our high today will be around 50.  This is the way it has been going for the last few weeks - really nice for a few days and then the temp plunges around 30 degrees for a couple days and then it warms back up.   Mother Nature loves to play with us during our 'winters', and all this back-and-forth has a lot of folks getting the sniffles, coughing, etc., since Mother Nature can't seem to make up her damn mind whether she wants it warm or cold here - cold, as said, for we South Texans.  I feel for all you have who have to deal with the TRUE brutal winter in your areas.

Plan on running after work today when the winds die down and the sun will still be shining brightly, since I get off work at 4 pm.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning! My foot feels good, I peeled off all the tape. If it stays this way all day I'll maybe try an easy jog midday tomorrow. Being patient is SO HARD!

I feel for you, Lauren.  I am supposed to get a pacemaker put in sometime around May - right when our local weather is really nice before our brutal summer days start - and will have to take a few weeks off.  My poor wife will be getting the brunt of my withdrawals and impatience.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

OK, for you real winter folks, this is probably like nothing for you, but for we South Texas, it has been some crazy weather. Sunday near 70 degrees, and I had a really nice run on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Monday was okay too, in the upper 60s...and then this morning it was in the 30s, just a bit above freezing with a really stiff wind blowing.  Right now it is sunny with blue skies and still chilly - for we South Texans anyway - at about 47 degrees.  Our high today will be around 50.  This is the way it has been going for the last few weeks - really nice for a few days and then the temp plunges around 30 degrees for a couple days and then it warms back up.   Mother Nature loves to play with us during our 'winters', and all this back-and-forth has a lot of folks getting the sniffles, coughing, etc., since Mother Nature can't seem to make up her damn mind whether she wants it warm or cold here - cold, as said, for we South Texans.  I feel for all you have who have to deal with the TRUE brutal winter in your areas.

Plan on running after work today when the winds die down and the sun will still be shining brightly, since I get off work at 4 pm.

Scotty!!!! I was wondering where you were!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

"Ask 100 marathoners how they fuel and you’ll get 100 different answers."

First sentence, done!

But if I'm part of the 100, my answer will be better