Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #156 (Read 31 times)

KCRuns

Good morning!

KCRuns

I got up early for 9 with 8x 800/400 + 3x 200/200.  The 800s were supposed to be between 5k & 10k pace and all of them were in that range.  I kind of ran out of steam in the middle of 5th one, but overall am pleased with how these went.  The last 200m was uphill so it was the slowest.  I found a path going around the park that was almost 1200 meters long, so it was just about right and didn't require crossing the street during any of the intervals.  I sure will be happy when the lakefront reopens!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Woke up an hour earlier to get to Sbux and meet a visiting friend before work. Now I need a nap stat.

I have 7 and weights.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still having trouble with this get up early to run before work, although it was so gross out this morning, it probably wouldn;t have mattered. 5 miles. It was gross out, so humid. There was a tiny bit of rain that made it even worse.

KCRuns, nice workout!

Docket, oddly the Starbucks has been not packed on these earlier weekday runs. I would think around 8-8:30am would be busier.

LOL, mom4running supports delaying the goal change deadline. No effing way, lady.

Dave

LRB

I ran 4.68.

I'm in my annual summer cutback week so the alarms are off and the days and distances are short and random.

Today's run was about as pleasant as a run could get. I've only run 10 miles in two days this week and my legs felt amazingly spry.

onemile

I ran 9 this morning and it was all kinds of awful.  Which means I still have 5 more to run today. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

LOL, mom4running supports delaying the goal change deadline. No effing way, lady.

I had suggested 2 goal change windows, one at some point in the spring, maybe March 31 and one in early fall before playoffs, like Sseptember. Everyone is going to wait until the last week regardless of when the change is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still having trouble with this get up early to run before work, although it was so gross out this morning, it probably wouldn;t have mattered. 5 miles. It was gross out, so humid. There was a tiny bit of rain that made it even worse.

KCRuns, nice workout!

Docket, oddly the Starbucks has been not packed on these earlier weekday runs. I would think around 8-8:30am would be busier.

It is on the drive through (although this morning it only had 2 cars). We went inside and there was no one. They are not letting you stay inside for obvious reasons (we are at 50% and they are just too small) but we only saw two more coming in while we drank our stuff outside.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's not to abuse of it, though. Even with her % we hardly ever win against the top 3 teams who have like half of their members at 500000000% above goal.

I don't think the goal should be extended. Make a decision now and be done with it. The longer they extend it, the longer these teams will have 150% of goal weekly.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

It is on the drive through (although this morning it only had 2 cars). We went inside and there was no one. They are not letting you stay inside for obvious reasons (we are at 50% and they are just too small) but we only saw two more coming in while we drank our stuff outside.

The Starbucks here is drive through & pre-order pick up only.When I go by around 10am, the line for the drive through wraps around the store. There is a Dunkin Donuts that I pass before the Starbucks, often their lines spills onto the main road. It's a crappy desgn for the DD drive through.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's not to abuse of it, though. Even with her % we hardly ever win against the top 3 teams who have like half of their members at 500000000% above goal.

I don't think the goal should be extended. Make a decision now and be done with it. The longer they extend it, the longer these teams will have 150% of goal weekly.

Yea, the team numbers are crazy this year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yea, the team numbers are crazy this year.

Partly because of the virus but this was happening at a smaller scale earlier this year as well.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

10.25 on the AlterG

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

1. It's not to abuse of it, though. Even with her % we hardly ever win against the top 3 teams who have like half of their members at 500000000% above goal.

2. I don't think the goal should be extended. Make a decision now and be done with it. The longer they extend it, the longer these teams will have 150% of goal weekly.

1. The fact that your team is not doing better does not take away from the ridiculous amount she is over goal every week.

2. Yeah that's my main point. Certainly my team has surged into first place by having a few others in the same boat as me. We have a good consistent team where everyone pulls their weight, and some people are capable of some pretty big miles. So I think we would be doing well regardless, but obviously our numbers have been pretty over the top lately.

Dave