Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #156 (Read 31 times)

LRB

I'm currently projected to go 240 miles over my pledged goal. The longer Chicago stays on, the higher that'll get, but it won't be by a ton. As it is, I see no point in upping my goal and subsequently my required minimum weekly mileage. Part of the reason I chose the number I did (2,500) is because I can run 48 miles per week without thinking about it. Once you start increasing your minimum, it becomes less of a game and more of a chore, despite the fact that you would otherwise run higher than it anyway. 

From the Internet.

lol glad I opted not to do the team competition this year after all - way behind on what I wanted to do bc of injury and no clue where I'll end up in the fall, virus situation or no. No pressure to commit to any sort of goal right now is nice.

I'm in the middle of a cutback week with a time trial planned for Sunday. 4+ miles in the midday heat, accidentally deleted the Garmin upload (why did I click the red button? I never click the red button!) so just threw a manual entry in there.

KCRuns

Incidentally it’s our anniversary today - 26 years of wedded bliss. We actually almost forgot, and of course we are not doing a damn thing. Other than getting some takeout tonight. Thinking BBQ.

Happy Anniversary!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Anniversary, Dave!

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Incidentally it’s our anniversary today - 26 years of wedded bliss. We actually almost forgot, and of course we are not doing a damn thing. Other than getting some takeout tonight. Thinking BBQ.

The internets say 25 years is silver but that 26 is pictures 

LRB

I'm in the middle of a cutback week with a time trial planned for Sunday. 

What distance? I just don't have it in me. I could probably run an all out 400 but anything longer just ain't happening. I'm amazed at the number of impressive trials that have been run this year.

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

DavePNW

I'm currently projected to go 240 miles over my pledged goal. The longer Chicago stays on, the higher that'll get, but it won't be by a ton. As it is, I see no point in upping my goal and subsequently my required minimum weekly mileage. Part of the reason I chose the number I did (2,500) is because I can run 48 miles per week without thinking about it. Once you start increasing your minimum, it becomes less of a game and more of a chore, despite the fact that you would otherwise run higher than it anyway. 

Yeah, this is the thing. I am going to increase, but not sure exactly to what. I’ve been doing around 70mpw, but no history on whether I can sustain that. Or want to. And of course you live with it the rest of the year. Maybe in a couple months I will start having a crazy work travel schedule. Not that I care that much about the game personally, but I don’t want to screw the team.

Dave

LRB

Yeah, this is the thing. I am going to increase, but not sure exactly to what. I’ve been doing around 70mpw, but no history on whether I can sustain that. Or want to. And of course you live with it the rest of the year. Maybe in a couple months I will start having a crazy work travel schedule. Not that I care that much about the game personally, but I don’t want to screw the team.

This is exactly the point that people aren't getting.

sdWhiskers

I'm trying to have the game match my training. I certainly am not making training decisions based on the game

Coach would be like wtf, lol

sdWhiskers

This is exactly the point that people aren't getting.

In a normal year, are like half the people done before December because they already reached their goal so miles don't count?

bluerun

Super B****

What distance? I just don't have it in me. I could probably run an all out 400 but anything longer just ain't happening. I'm amazed at the number of impressive trials that have been run this year.

Because they're virtual races, duh 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Because they're virtual races, duh 

Yeah I'm not doing that either. #grumpyoldschoolguy

LRB

In a normal year, are like half the people done before December because they already reached their goal so miles don't count?

I think not going green after you've reached your goal is something new. But yes, "sandbagging" is as old as the game itself. It's something I never gave two Fs about but it literally consumes some people.

onemile

I'm kinda getting tired of 70 mile weeks myself... I would hate to commit to that for the rest of the year.