Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES can spot runners easily (Read 33 times)

LRB

Boot day 60. My sister started working for a podiatrist recently so I’m going to see him on the 20th when I go home for Xmas to see why this stupid foot is still hurting.

Damn. 6 weeks is usually the cure-all for most everything. Hopefully you get some answers.

LRB

I was the only one dressed appropriately . It's their stupid clothes that keep the humidity inside that is the problem. It was also poor gloves choice.

I'll share a secret with you: take a look in the cross-country skiinng department also when you're shopping for winter running clothes. Their clothes often have wind stopping properties in the front, and spandex in the back. I find that is not often the case with running clothes.

Yes, that's where I got my big ass Antarctica gloves from. I believe they were intended for snowmobile use but are perfect for my onion skin hands when the temps fall into the teens.

Thanks for sharing 👍

onemile

I get that. I also switched to a reliable RP who's schedule is also more to my liking (earlier).  Karine can come but if 9:30 is too early for her, imagine 8:00. So Denis and I are always there, and other RPs sometimes join us. Pace pretty much always in the 7:30-8:00 range. Perfect for me.

The reliable guy is happy to take it easy and run at my pace even though he is fitter and faster than the unreliable guy who wants to run fast for every run.  Today we ran around an 8:05 avg with neither of us worrying about pace.  Last week Mr. Unreliable was pushing the pace and we averaged 7:35 I think. If you don't run slightly behind him, he will speed up. lol

sdWhiskers

Should i share that it's in the 70s here?

Ran 4 easy this morning. HR was higher than normal but otherwise everything felt good.

My LR RB was very reliable, usually at our meeting place 15 min early, and that's at 6am. Made a huge difference in my training.

DavePNW

11 miles w/6x1000m. Whew.

Dave

Cyberic

11 miles w/6x1000m. Whew.

Nice! What pace were the 1000s? HMP? 10K?

MTA: please don't tell me 5K pace 

Runshortii

Dave - Nice workout!

I did a 13 mi progression run. Workout was 3mi @9:00, 3 mi @ 8:30, 3 mi @ 8:00 and 2 miles @ 7:45. Splits were slighter faster for most of it. Felt okay for first long run workout post marathon

DavePNW

Nice! What pace were the 1000s? HMP? 10K?

MTA: please don't tell me 5K pace 

OK, I won’t tell you.

Dave

Cyberic

OK, I won’t tell you.

LOL!

About the miles game (again), maybe I'll join after all. I'm logging my miles on RA anyways, so the game won't change a thing to my running. Hmmm. Unless we have to hide our log? I kind of remember people hiding their logs... Guess I'll ask questions on the game page.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with a fast finish for about 2.6 miles.

Cyberic, you don't need to hide your log. There are all sorts of ways to be sneaky without hiding your log.

Cyberic

7 with a fast finish for about 2.6 miles.

Cyberic, you don't need to hide your log. There are all sorts of ways to be sneaky without hiding your log.

I'm not sneaky. I'm a in your face kinda guy. Is that a problem? I'm serious. I run, I log. If I need to be sneaky, it is not a game for me.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm not sneaky. I'm a in your face kinda guy. Is that a problem? I'm serious. I run, I log. If I need to be sneaky, it is not a game for me.

Mostly in the final weeks, there is log stalking of the opposing team going on. Definitely not required to hide your log. People have their own routines, some like to save maybe once or twice per week, others immediately after a run. It all balances out. Part of the team thing, if you know that the opposing team has put up big miles, it can be the motivation to go out.

LRB

No, there are weeks when the game requires you to be sneaky, for strategic reasons.

RunningOnSand

No, there are weeks when the game requires you to be sneaky, for strategic reasons.

Really? Maybe that’s why our team didn’t make it to the playoffs. 🤷🏼‍♀️ What kind of sneakiness are we talking about here?

today was my reintroduction to speed work. 12x400’s @ 1:40 with 2min jog recoveries. I covered around 9 miles, which I’m happy with since I had to walk a lot of the recoveries. But that shiz is done. ✅

we are making  Christmas cookies tomorrow so I did a shop for groceries online thing. I had planned to have a bunch of really unhealthy snack items to munch on while we decorate sugar cookies, naturally. So online I bought a brick of Velveeta to mix in with some salsa. Melt that up. Make it into a delicious dip! Remind me of college days. Well, lo and behold: when I picked up said groceries and unpacked them, there was no brick of Velveeta. I take that back, there was a rather small brick that fitted easily in the palm of my hand. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Half Crazy K 2.0

Really? Maybe that’s why our team didn’t make it to the playoffs. 🤷🏼‍♀️ What kind of sneakiness are we talking about here?

I can't give away all the secrets, Pace Cadets may be reading here. Simplest is to not save your runs to RA, or only save a portion. For example, last year in the finals, I had about 30 showing in my log and had another 20 that I saved Monday night. I think as a team we had about 100 miles that we saved once the week had ended. So if the other team was looking in our logs, they could think we weren't' running that much and hopefully relax.

If you want to go full on sneaky, you just say you ran in the dailies. Or you lie based on what is visible in your log.