Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy SunDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Cyberic

Blue, there was 450 ft elevation change if I can believe your log? Hard to run HM pace with a lot of hills. For me, anyways.

LRB

Ran 3:04 today at the flying pig. I didn’t think I had it in me. I was toast by mile 6, honestly. I just kept thinking about how Desi Linden felt that way, and I hung in there as well as I ever have. I’m excited to see the series results from the 4 races as I think I have a good chance. I guess it doesn’t matter too much though because I’m just so excited to see my efforts paying off again.

hope everyone has a great Sunday!

It was nothing short of impressive when viewed in its totality, and the marathon is what likely will be the deciding factor. Way to hang tough.

Cyberic

It was nothing short of impressive when viewed in its totality, and the marathon is what likely will be the deciding factor. Way to hang tough.

Well said!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thank you all! Much appreciated. I ended up 3rd for the overall total. After two years in a row just out of the placing, it will be nice to get the award as a race momento.

Blue...sorry the race wasn’t what you had hoped for. I agree with others though - through the right lens, it’s not a bad run at all.

Docket - the park is a beast, no two ways about it. I actually got a little confidence from it though because I felt so terribly going into the park, that when I made it through without being any worse, I actually considered that I could keep maybe keep things rolling. I am pretty ready for a flat one next! (Good thing a 100 mile trail race is next haha)

Cyberic...great long run! You can nail a 50k with that kind of distance. I love those mixed road and trail runs too

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Cyberic...great long run! You can nail a 50k with that kind of distance. I love those mixed road and trail runs too

Thanks. My mountain run wasn't on trails, though. It's a dirt road. There are trails, of course, but I haven't started trail running (yet?).

bluerun

Super B****

SIAR -- congrats!  Good to know I'm not contagious.

This is about as flat a course as flat can get... I've PRed there every year except once, when I missed by less than half a minute (and I had set a PR two weeks prior).  I beat that time today by like six seconds.  Yippee.  Considering I haven't even come close to touching my PR since I ran it, I think it was just a fluke.  Apparently I've maxed out on my potential.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 miles. Cooler but humid out.

SIAR, nice race! Especially given all the other races this weekend..

Bluerun, you just ran a marathon 3 weeks ago.

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, you just ran a marathon 3 weeks ago.

Yes, and it was just as meh as this race, and the dozen preceding it.  I should actually be careful what I wish for because soon instead of running mediocre races I'll start running total stinkers.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

bluerun, being pissed after a race that did not go your way, I understand. Some people take it very well, some don't.

I think you were running more before your PR race, IIRC. Like more consistant volume. But my memory being what it is...

Baboon

delicate flower

3 minutes off your PR coming three weeks post-Boston is about the right amount of suck for anyone not named Boon.

lmao but NOT a HM three weeks post-marathon!  That's just crazy.  Nice job, Bluerun, despite your race self-loathing.  Seriously, what the heck did you honestly expect?

SIAR, pretty damn impressive with that 3:04!

I got my 10 mile run done.  I didn't want to run...just didn't feel like it.  I stood in place at the start of my run staring down the bike path for a minute while being rained on thinking, "Fuck, I really don't feel like running today."  But I got it done, and I hated every mile, but it was a good run nonetheless.  Now I've got some good sports to watch on the TV while I sit on my ass...Red Sox, NBA, NHL.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, give us a RR. I'm sure you didn't suck, like you think you did.

Wrote one here, not going to post the whole thing because it's long and boring and contains nothing of value and nothing I haven't already said.

bluerun, being pissed after a race that did not go your way, I understand. Some people take it very well, some don't.

I think you were running more before your PR race, IIRC. Like more consistant volume. But my memory being what it is...

I don't think that's true... I've never been able to run consistent volume in my life.  But I do think overall volume is higher now than it was a couple of years ago.

lmao but NOT a HM three weeks post-marathon!  That's just crazy.  Nice job, Bluerun, despite your race self-loathing.  Seriously, what the heck did you honestly expect?

Honestly?  I expected exactly what I got.  Just because it's not a surprise doesn't mean I'm happy about it, because, I mean, I already knew I suck.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Wrote one here, not going to post the whole thing because it's long and boring and contains nothing of value and nothing I haven't already said.

I don't think that's true... I've never been able to run consistent volume in my life.  But I do think overall volume is higher now than it was a couple of years ago.

Honestly?  I expected exactly what I got.  Just because it's not a surprise doesn't mean I'm happy about it, because, I mean, I already knew I suck.

Just read you RR. You look thrilled in that pic by the finish. I can see joy seeping through your pores.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ran 3:04 today at the flying pig. I didn’t think I had it in me. I was toast by mile 6, honestly. I just kept thinking about how Desi Linden felt that way, and I hung in there as well as I ever have. I’m excited to see the series results from the 4 races as I think I have a good chance. I guess it doesn’t matter too much though because I’m just so excited to see my efforts paying off again.

hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Nice job.  Congrats.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Coastal

SIAR:  Heck of a combined effort this weekend.  Congrats.

After two days of no running due to a fundraising banquet I volunteer at each year, I got out for 8.4 on the road.  Started out at 44 degrees and overcast that looked like it might burn off.  Finished in foggy drizzle.  Did a sort of fartlek.  It felt good to get out and move.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just read you RR. You look thrilled in that pic by the finish. I can see joy seeping through your pores.

You can tell by that last picture indeed.

Nice race!

Damaris