Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Slept Like A Rock! (Read 28 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Five easy miles for me with some strides at the end. I will run while older DD has running practice. Dang, that's in twenty minutes!  I have a 5k on Saturday and will try to get some pictures.

More importantly, I ordered a headband like Bin's and should have it next week! Yeah, baby!!!

Sloooow.

Morning, all!

Gustav- You're doing great with all these long runs, you're having a wonderful comeback!

Awood- Glad your run last night went well, stay safe.

Bin- Nice 9 miles. I read your HM RR, you did an amazing job, congratulations Smile

Docket- Sorry you didn't sleep well! I never do either. Hope your miles and weights go smoothly.

Kristin- Urgh, sorry about your IT band! Sounds like the extra rest day is a good call.

Philliefan- Not a fun way to wake up. That's happened to my boyfriend a few times, freaks me out when he flies out of bed in the night yelling. Eating a couple of bananas the next day helped him, no idea what triggers them though.

Scotty- Enjoy your RD, naughty Wink We're getting storms here, nice for the temperature break.

HopesMom- I really hope TCFH buggers off soon. Maybe try some immune system boosts, like elderberry, garlic, Vitamin C, can't hurt to try! My boyfriend does the same with taxes, it's almost like forced savings. We prefer to get a big chunk back each year, rather than more each paycheck.

Morning Jerry- With all the hard work you have put in, the confidence seems deserved. Hope you run goes/went well.

Zelanie- Hip pain is no fun, sorry you had to cut your run short. Can you stick with flats for a while?

I feel silly posting my measly miles, 1.4 for me this morning. The nerve pain in my leg is driving me crazy, I feel it every time I put my foot down. I'm sure it's the painful healing process, so I doubt it's permanent.

GinnyinPA

Bin - nice start to your forced vacation.  When do you fly to Taiwan?

Gustav - I slept like a rock too.  And I didn't even run.  Hope the speed work goes well.

Awood - hope you don't run into any more snow.

Damaris - hope the recovery miles go well.

Scotty - enjoy the rest day, you've earned it.

Jerry - Only a few days left.  I'm sure you'll rock it.

Coralie - 1.8 so soon after surgery is great.  Take it slow and easy.

Kristin - good idea to rest your ITB and stretch it.  Maybe walk some or run short easy miles for the rest of the week so you don't get completely locked up.

Jack - doing doubles?  Nice way to deal with waiting while your DD trains. Where did you get the headband?

Philliefan - I've woken up that way a few times, as has my husband.  I think it's related to either potassium or dehydration (or both).  Hope it eases today.

HopesMom - could it be allergies rather than a cold?  I know they're starting early this year.

Zelanie - stretching might help, maybe hip specific exercises.  Do you have to wear heels at work?

AFM:  I'll do 4 or 5 this afternoon.  It's cold and really windy, so I'm not sure whether I'll run outside or in.

Singer who runs a smidge

My mom asked the same question, but the Bradford pears aren't even out here yet.  Starting, but not out.  So I shouldn't be sneezing for a few more weeks, as it's the pine pollen that really gets me.  But this crud that's going around has really slammed folks.  I am not slammed, only snotty, so I'm counting my blessings!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HsM, if you have the Cold From Hell, should you really be getting into the pool?  Won't that make you chillier?   OTOH, I bet if you blow your nose in the pool, then you'll have the whole pool to yourself.   Wink

Health CLUBS, Jerry?  You belong to more than one?  Safe trip tomorrow.  And stay confident!

Posted by Zelanie: And last night was the first night I got an entire night's sleep in my bed in a week.

Really?  So whose bed were you sleeping in until then?  Wink  Sorry about the hip, Zelanie, hope that turns out to be nothing serious and goes away quickly.

Good luck with the upcoming 5K, Jack.   I have one on Saturday also.  And Sunday too, now that I think about it.  Headband like Bin's?

Coralie, you probably have more miles than I do, lol.  I had 16 miles total for my weekly mileage last week.   Nerve pain in your leg does not sound good, have you got that checked?  It may be something as simple as sciatica  - which can 'present' with  'tingling' and discomfort from the back all the way down the butt and the leg, and not always at the same time.  Sciatica can be helped with some stretching and other stuff and usually resolves within a short time to a  couple of weeks.  If you've had that for more than a couple of weeks, I'd advise you go get checked to make sure it's not some kind of potentially hazardous nerve damage, or other type of thing.

Good luck with the 4 or 5, Ginny!  Hope the weather behaves for you.  Maybe it will warm up by your run time.

We finally got some rain!  Had a nice thunder-and-lightning show around 11:30 a.m. my time and it poured for about 30 minutes.  Now it's back to a drizzle again.  We get our water source from an 'aquifer' and as low as it is these days after the lack of rain, we need it  to pour a lot longer than 30 minutes!  What we need is a good 'soaking' rain for several days!   But, hey, at least we did get some rain.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Hi P's, looks like some healing vibes need sent for those with some aches and pains! Hope it's nothing and you feel better.

Jerry, you are going to do just fine, can't wait to here about it. Knoxville is only about 4.5 hours from me, so I'll be thinking of you two over the weekend. Your race is Sunday, right? Mine is Saturday.

I did my last training hill run this morning with a couple miles at 7:30 after the hills, total mileage ended at 8.65. I'll check in later, going to sleep.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I can't outrun her, so we will run together, unless the hills knock her out.  She hates hills.  We ran 4 @9:59 on the bike path this morning.  All systems are GO !!!  Fly out tomorrow A.M.  Not sure how much internet access/time I will have to keep in touch and and don't see any real time race timing.  RR will probably be next week, but I'll try to at least post our times here.

HsM- That's a long time to have a cold!  I am hoping you can put it completely behind you soon!

Jerry- So excited for you!  Your day is coming!  Are you going to run with DW or at your own paces?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: No doubles for me. I just ran 5 easy and that's it for today. I got the headband from amazon. The brand is Halo.

Scotty: Don't you have a 5k every weekend? Wink  Check Bin's RR and you will see a picture of his headband. I think you would like one.

Jerry: It's getting closer!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Crap.  What is the dewpoint?

rest day for me today after 4 days running in a row.   Shhh, don't tell my doctor about the 4 days in a row....

Good luck with the speedwork, Gustav!   I wish I had slept like a rock.  We got thunder and lightning that rolled in around 1 a.m. or so.   Unfortunately, the rain did not amount to much, so San Antonio is still in bad need of the wet stuff or we will have some serious water restrictions coming up for this summer.

Wishing you a safe driving trip, Awood!

9 miles at 'tea time', lol, Bin.  And did you have tea after you finished?  I get this mental image of you running, holding a teacup with your pinky finger stuck out.

Good luck with the run, Damaris.  And that humidity I see on Weather Channel that Miami is getting.

Hope the IT band feels better for you, Kristin.

Sorry about the foot cramp and soreness, Margo, hope that goes away quickly.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have one hour til I go home and I'm ecstatic.  This day has been from hell.  And the drama from the children today (I mean, coworkers), has been too much.

Damaris

tracilynn

Just checking in really quick.  Last night I ran 1.5 miles, walked 1/2 mile, ran 1.0 mile. It was tough too.

Coralie, I feel like a dork posting my wimpy miles too Joking

Mitch, Cotton row was my first ever 5k.  I want to do it again but Im not even sure if I will be up for a 5k not by then.  Im scared to re injure myself.  I dunno.  Have you warned jimmy of "the hill" in the 10k ? Dead  Ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Dad on the run.

Gustav - Congrats on the sleep, I slept like crap lastnight. Great job on the 5, your miles are increasing quicly

Awood - Ugg, I hate long drives, good luck with that.

Bin - Great job on the 9, what is tea time exactly? Is that like breakfast or more like a brunch? (inbetween breakfast and lunch)

Docket - all you morning runners are killing me! I tried to get up this morning and get a run in but just didn't have it in me.

Kristin - Hop you get your IT  Band under control. Good luck on your race and let us know how it went

Philly - Cramp in the bottom of your foot? That's no fun at all.

Scotty - enjoy the rest day you rebel!

Hope - Six weeks worth of a cold, that's terrible. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jerry - Enjoy the flight, and you will do great on that race and set yourself a new PR!

Zelanie - Sorry to hear about your hip. High heels are a real bitch, my wife complain about something hurting everytime she wears hers. I just don't get it....

Jack - Hope you enjoyed the run while your DD practiced. Make sure to give us a RR this weekend after your race.

CoralieT - Did you go to the Doc about that nerve pain? That doesnt sound pleasant. Just take it easy and don't make it worse by forcing yourself to run

Ginny - Not sure what "this afternoon" means. So either enjoy your run later or good job on your run Smile

Hog - I forget do you have a race this weekend? Is this the weekend you do that Jack Daniel's run?

Traci - Sorry you are having so much trouble with the injuries, that really sucks Sad HILLS??? HILLS??? I'm done, quite, not running it. lol. I think I can manage I will start working on them now so I will be ready... exactly how big of a hill are we talking though?

AFM - Found out today that the company I work is asking everyone (Global company) who works for the company to take 12 non paid hours off from now till the end of June. So basically 2 hours a paycheck for the next 6 checks. Its not huge but could be the start to something worse... anyone hiring? :/

Didn't get my run in because I didn't want to get out of bed. However, I did get a 90min full body workout in so I that has to count for something.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - Hurray for rain!  I know Texas has been in drought for the past few years, so your water table has to be really low.  Too many people drawing from it too.

Tracilynn - Good workout.  How do you feel today?

Jimmy - I suppose furloughed is better than fired, but it does get hard to pay the bills.  Running is cheap, but racing can get expensive.

Lots of races this weekend, hope the weather is sunny for everybody.

I ended up going out after all for an easy 4.8.  Wind made my eyes water, but the sun was shining so it didn't feel that cold.  It was a really nice run, some hills but nothing really big.  Good practice for Saturday.

Sloooow.

Scotty- After I had the surgery, I realised the side of my thigh was numb. I finally figured out that it was from the Demerol injection I had in my thigh after surgery. I don't know if the nurse hit the nerve with the needle, or the medication affected the nerve. Sensation is coming back, in the form of PAIN. My skin hurts, like a healing burn. I think it will gradually go as things heal.

Traci- I think I might have to pinch your run/walk strategy. My problem is feeling like my heart is pounding, but I think it's from the extra deaf ear amplifying my heart beat. Are you still recovering from the shin splints?

Snickers1230

I surprisingly slept like a rock last night.  Like Scotty, we also had bad storms here, but unlike him we got a lot of much needed rain too.  My husband had been touring a plant during the day and just happened to pick up some ear plugs while he was there.  We each put some in and didn't hear a peep from the storm!  Almost didn't hear my alarm go off this morning...

I'm going to rest today and then I'll do an easy run tomorrow and another on Friday to get the legs ready again and then I have my half on Sunday.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K