Beginners and Beyond

Second Chance Sundailies (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anybody else see this?? Sounds weird and I am not sure what to think.... I haven't looked for other articles yet, but I will be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3556430/Dozens-looters-steal-bundles-free-water-left-official-watering-stations-marathon-runners.html

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Worst race report ever. Time? Placing? Swag?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Anybody else see this?? Sounds weird and I am not sure what to think.... I haven't looked for other articles yet, but I will be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3556430/Dozens-looters-steal-bundles-free-water-left-official-watering-stations-marathon-runners.html

Not totally surprised. I did a 5k a few years ago where the water stop was set up the night before & the water was stolen.

Baboon

delicate flower

1:31:08.  Blech.  I suck.

UPDATE:

OA 38/1509

AG 8/105

in the unlikely event anyone gives a shit.

<3

DavePNW

+1. What an idiot that guy is.

Dave

DavePNW

UPDATE:

OA 38/1509

AG 8/105

in the unlikely event anyone gives a shit.

We do care! Impressive placings, must've been a fast field. Big crowd - did it slow you down at the start?

Dave

DavePNW

What the fuck is wrong with people? Although if the race was in Flint, MI, it would have been perfectly understandable.

Also, seems strange they have bottles rather than cups - is this common at some races?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What the fuck is wrong with people? Although if the race was in Flint, MI, it would have been perfectly understandable.

Also, seems strange they have bottles rather than cups - is this common at some races?

Not necessarily.  Could mean bottles for filling up the cups.  That's what they use here (big Dasani water bottles).

Damaris

DavePNW

Not necessarily.  Could mean bottles for filling up the cups.  That's what they use here (big Dasani water bottles).

Right, but the pics in the link show ~16 oz bottles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, forgot this was Europe.  The Paris marathon does provide small bottles of water, so London looks to do the same. It's not rare in Europe, in my experience.

They look to be 10-12oz bottles, though.  Easy to carry.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, nice placing, that must be a fast race.

JackK, nice race.

Baboon

delicate flower

We do care! Impressive placings, must've been a fast field. Big crowd - did it slow you down at the start?

Not at all.  I had all the room I needed the entire race.  Once things really thinned out (mile 2 or so), I got passed by two people the rest of the race.  I keep track of these things.  The race always draws a really fast field.  The winner ran 1:09.

<3

Ric-G

The race always draws a really fast field.  The winner ran 1:09.

phil - that sounds fast...congrats no matter what

jack - hills can definitely suck...nice job hanging in there!

oski (mr. o) - very cool, congrats

still blue - sorry about the loss, it's always tough especially after so many years

i did about 6 this morning...

marathon pr - 3:16

onemile

12 progression

LRB

12 progression

You're ready to race a 10k. Got one on the schedule?