Beginners and Beyond

WWW.WednesdayPenguins.run (Read 39 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I went for a really short walk yesterday afternoon at work, which was good because DH and Dusty and I didn't get out last night.  Tonight is quartet practice, and we're going to focus a lot on Christmas music, because we have a lot of Christmas gigs starting late next month.  Woo-hoo!!

Gustav -- I've had pumpkin bread spread with cream cheese, sounds similar.  Yum!!

Bin -- glad to hear DD's levels are on the downward slide!!

Awood -- blech, bad weather!!  Glad your run in it was good, though!!

Phillie -- have fun speeding!!

kristin -- sounds like a sort of ladder workout, hope it works for you!!

Docket -- have fun with hubby tonight!!

scotty -- we seem to have entered that part of the year where you have the best weather!!

Zelanie -- have fun at DD's concert!!

jblack -- we watch NCIS and NCIS-LA, and that's it.  Of course, that may be because we only have network TV, so four channels, including PBS!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Gus: Nice speed work!

Bin: Great news about baby.  I'm happy to hear that. Smile

Awood: Are you bringing a trash bag to the marathon?

PF: Nice work! How long is your leg of the marathon relay?

Kristin: Isn't it funny how those hard workouts make you feel good? I really can't stand intervals, but they can be fun, in a weird sort of way.

Docket: Have fun with hubby. Glad to hear he is getting out there.

Scotty: Great workout(s)! Man, sometimes you are a machine! I am going to try to remember to call Kris this week.

Zel: Enjoy the rest day. Do you have anymore dreadlocks pictures?  That reminds me of a band my friend plays in; they are called Dread Zeppelin.

JBJ: Enjoy the TV show. DW and I just started watching Breaking Bad. I think we are at the beginning of season 4.

HsM: Christmas already? Oh yeah, how could I forget? Costco got started in August.

As for me, my legs are a bit tired today. Last night I did 8 miles with 5x600m @ 6:30. Today I was supposed to do 12 but I think I am going to go 60 minutes at recovery pace and do the 12 tomorrow.

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  Hubby's longest run was 8 miles and with this and next week's cutback weeks (10K race this weekend, 5K race next), he should be ready to try a 9 miler the second week of November and a 10 miler a week or week and a half before the HM.  Not what I would recommend but he is going to run the HM whether we like it or not.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 23!  On this day in history, the first-ever plastic surgery operation was performed in England in 1814.  In 1921, the Green Bay Packers played the 1st-ever NFL game, a 7-6 win over Minneapolis.   Birthdays:  Johnny Carson born in 1925, country singer Dwight Yoakum, born on this day in 1956.

Today's Holidays

National Boston Cream Pie Day - It is really a cake, not a pie. Two layers of sponge cake are filled with thick vanilla custard and topped with a chocolate glaze or a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar. It is cut in wedges like a pie.   The Parker House Hotel (now the Omni Parker House Hotel), claims to have served Boston cream pies since their opening in 1856. French chef Sanzian, who was hired for the opening of the hotel, is credited with creating Boston cream pie.

National Mole Day - No, not the animal.  This one is for chemists, etc. A "mole" is a basic measuring unit. It equals the atomic mass of a single molecule. It is measured in grams.

TV Talk Show Host Day - Do you have a favorite?  I tend to watch Jay Leno more than the other ones.

Ipod Day - What's your favorite Ipod, if you have one?  What's on your playlist?  Classic rock n' roll and oldies for me.

Swallows Depart From Capistrano Day - The Swallows of San Juan Capistrano are a famous flock of birds which have been associated with Mission San Juan Capistrano for centuries. The migratory birds tend to arrive and leave around the same time every year, following a regular schedule which has long been noted by the community around the Mission. As the swallows arrive and leave, a large festival is held to celebrate the Swallows of San Juan Capistrano and the heritage of the Mission, which is one of the oldest and best known in California.

pie cartoons, pie cartoon, funny, pie picture, pie pictures, pie image, pie images, pie illustration, pie illustrations

pie cartoons, pie cartoon, funny, pie picture, pie pictures, pie image, pie images, pie illustration, pie illustrations

Chemistry Cartoon 2410

Science Cartoon 5925

chemist cartoons, chemist cartoon, funny, chemist picture, chemist pictures, chemist image, chemist images, chemist illustration, chemist illustrations

chemist cartoons, chemist cartoon, funny, chemist picture, chemist pictures, chemist image, chemist images, chemist illustration, chemist illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-06-26  monster  monsters  science fiction  sci fi  godzilla  zilla  eat  eats

KEYWORD1  2001-01-18  tv  television  televisions  media  entertainment  movie  movies  morticia

ipod cartoons, ipod cartoon, funny, ipod picture, ipod pictures, ipod image, ipod images, ipod illustration, ipod illustrations

ipod cartoons, ipod cartoon, funny, ipod picture, ipod pictures, ipod image, ipod images, ipod illustration, ipod illustrations

capistrano cartoons, capistrano cartoon, funny, capistrano picture, capistrano pictures, capistrano image, capistrano images, capistrano illustration, capistrano illustrations

1999-03-19  bird  birds  swallow  swallows  capistrano  cat  cats  feline  felines

capistrano cartoon humor: Travel: Special low rates to Capistrano

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Jack - breaking Bad is really good, I need to watch the last season. Also love Dexter, and of course the nerdy part of me has seen all the Doctor Who Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jimmy, not sure if you're going to love the stupid Dexter finale, though.

Damaris

Dad on the run.

I'm prepared for him to either A. Be Killed or B. Get caught. So we will see. I just have to find time to watch it.

Jimmy, not sure if you're going to love the stupid Dexter finale, though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Loved dexter too. And criminal minds. But they always had runner killed or discovering bodies.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm prepared for him to either A. Be Killed or B. Get caught. So we will see. I just have to find time to watch it.

Not talking about the finale so it's as unexpected as you can get but the majority of hardcore fans were not very happy.  Someone asked me whether it was as bad as the Lost finale and I even paused before answering that Lost is the worst finale in the history of mankind, ha.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

They have a 2:20 pace team lol.  My bq would be 3:10.  So, I am not thinking thats a concern for me this year.

Morning!  RD today- DD has a choir concert.

Gustav- Nice job on the intervals!

Bin- So glad that DD is getting closer to the safe zone!

Awood- Glad you had a good tempo!  I'm mad at your race for not having a 3:45 pacer since that's my BQ time!  They should have a pacer!

Margo- Glad you're enjoying the RW plan!  I'm still not sure whether I prefer the idea of base building and then going to faster runs, or starting with faster runs and building to speed + endurance a la Daniels.

kristin- Nice workout!  The other way to figure paces, if you have a race time (any distance) that you feel like is a good representation of your current fitness, you can plug it into a running calculator and it will give your paces.  For example, your "HM pace" might be faster than what you actually ran your HM in, at least for training purposes.

D- Sounds like a good run!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - Trash bag is not out of the question.  Time will tell.  Good job on adjusting your workouts as needed.  Very wise.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Dad on the run.

Couldn't agree more about Lost! I loved that show and then it dissapointed me so so so much. If Dexter is that bad I may not even finish it.

Not talking about the finale so it's as unexpected as you can get but the majority of hardcore fans were not very happy.  Someone asked me whether it was as bad as the Lost finale and I even paused before answering that Lost is the worst finale in the history of mankind, ha.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - I'm a Christmas junkie.  People are starting too early, but once I start...music, movies, lights, giant trees...I love it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Couldn't agree more about Lost! I loved that show and then it dissapointed me so so so much. If Dexter is that bad I may not even finish it.

IMO, it's bad.  But watch it and see, otherwise you will be wondering about it forever.

Damaris

SheCan

Gustav-- that pumpkin roll sounds deviously delicious.

Bin-- thats great, wonderful news about DD!

Scotty-- glad you're having decent running weather.

jimmy-- LOL@ your being a grown ass man..  Just so you know, my DH has a thing for musicals, and loved the Twilight series.  And there's absolutely nothing girlie about him either.  He and my DD enjoy these things together, me, i'd rather not.

Docket-- sounds like hubby is doing fantastic.  You must be really proud and happy for him.

I did a 3-1/2 mile easy recovery run today.

Ohohoh, and yesterday, I scared a band of javalina, probably about 20 of them-- hadn't seen any for a while, so i was really tickled, especially since none of them turned on me!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson