Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES! (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Been super busy today, but I am switching today with tomorrow so 4 with hubby tonight, followed by heavy weights.

Andrea, good news!

LRB, you are injured?

Lauren, you can do this!  Once you get the muse, you'll do the thesis in strides and bounds (trust me).  Good luck!

Shari, good luck at the ortho.

Hello to all.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8 w 10x100 strides.

You Rang?

Six miles of fun in new shoes done.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

StepbyStep-SH

Ortho appointment in an hour. Of course, my knee feels nearly normal this morning, so now I feel like a hypochondriac. But I know I need to find out what the problem is. And I'm wearing a marathon shirt to remind myself that I am still a runner.

Ortho PA says the injury is to the meniscus, not MCL, though I do have more "play" in the MCL on the injured knee than the other one. Nothing shows up on x-rays, so he ordered an MRI and a follow-up with the surgeon to see if it is a tear (=scope) or a less severe injury (=PT/strengthening). Meanwhile, non-impact activity as tolerated until we know what it is, but they'll get me back out there. Hopefully the insurance OK for the MRI comes through quickly so I can get it scheduled in the next week or so.

And he reaffirmed what I already know about my workout routines: time to get back to strength training and yoga for the joint support and range of motion.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news, I guess, but hoping you just need PT/strengthening rather than surgery.

Damaris

LRB

LRB, you are an idiot? 

Yes!

I did a self-adjustment, hopefully that fixes it. Sigh.

B-Plus

LRB

Ortho PA says the injury is to the meniscus, not MCL, though I do have more "play" in the MCL on the injured knee than the other one. Nothing shows up on x-rays, so he ordered an MRI and a follow-up with the surgeon to see if it is a tear (=scope) or a less severe injury (=PT/strengthening). Meanwhile, non-impact activity as tolerated until we know what it is, but they'll get me back out there. Hopefully the insurance OK for the MRI comes through quickly so I can get it scheduled in the next week or so.

And he reaffirmed what I already know about my workout routines: time to get back to strength training and yoga for the joint support and range of motion.

Having an answer is the most important thing so that's a good start and good news so far.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes!

I did a self-adjustment, hopefully that fixes it. Sigh.

LOL at the editing.  Good luck!

Damaris

LRB

LOL at the editing.  Good luck!

I would tell a joke if I were sitting in an electric chair, humor is my comfort mechanism.

LRB

I tried this and was disappointed.

Pretty much. Damn.

Little Blue

Well at least you have something to work with.  Here's hoping that it's PT-fixable.

Little Blue

Hilly 4.33 in clear blue sunny, 56 degrees.  I hate hills.  The Garmin was dead (recharge?duh )  so I just ran around for a while till I seemed done.

Have I mentioned that I hate hills?

Hip Redux

OMFG. I STARTED WRITING MY THESIS YESTERDAY.

Congrats!  I remember how hard it was to get started... and then once I started, I wanted it OVER and DONE with as soon as possible (it still took me two months).   The end is near!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Time for my first venting of this marathon cycle.  I am only in week 4 but so far I am not feeling it.  In the past I was "Cool! I get to run 15 miles today!" Now I'm "I have to run 15 miles today, dammit."  I think part of (or all of) the problem is that I am having such a crappy year at work and I think it is wearing me down. Hopefully, I will get my mojo back, and soon.

Vent over.