Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Back to Business (Read 37 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Gallup poll says 85% of people hate their jobs so there's lots of company here

I've actually liked my job up until the last nine months or so (been here almost 20 years), but since then it's gotten to the point where I am seriously considering looking for a new job.  I've got a lot of money coming to me in two months though so I need to sit tight until then.  Better yet, maybe I'll get downsized, then I would get my money plus 20 weeks of severance.

<3

KCRuns

Speaking of work pissing me off, the plan after the Space Coast Marathon was to spend three days bopping around Universal Studios and I was very much looking forward to that.  Yesterday I was informed that I am needed back in the office Monday afternoon, so my Universal plans are now cancelled.  I hate this job lately.

Can you not tell them you have a scheduled vacation with prepaid stuff that is non-cancelable and you'll see them on Thursday?

Speaking of work, I came in at 615a this morning because it's my busy time of year and I'm swamped and I have a team building thing this afternoon.  I'm hoping to go to the gym in a little bit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

46 mins run/stand on the mill, 31:20 of actual running at 2%... slowing adding reps and will really slowly increase pace.

not satisfying  but but right ham feels really good

Glad the hammy felt good!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hoping to get a run in at some point before picking Dorian up from school....... it's going to be a chaotic day for sure.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

I slept like a Baboon last night! Almost 10 solid hours. And today is a RD.

Count me in the 15% that don't hate their job   Sure there are crappy moments but generally I like what I spend the day doing, there's a decent chance the work will really help people, and I'm compensated nicely. Remove a few a-holes and provide me with a personal driver so I don't have to deal with the traffic and I'd be set.

bluerun

Super B****

I've actually liked my job up until the last nine months or so (been here almost 20 years), but since then it's gotten to the point where I am seriously considering looking for a new job.  I've got a lot of money coming to me in two months though so I need to sit tight until then.  Better yet, maybe I'll get downsized, then I would get my money plus 20 weeks of severance.

Then you've been ahead of 15% of the population

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Is there an indoor track close to where you are? It definitely is a nice compromise between outdoor running and a treadmill, and might be worth extra driving time to go there.

I go through this every year and there is never anything convenient or accessible and certainly not both. That should change come February though, fingers crossed.

LRB

There is liking what you do but hating where you do it at or hating what you do and and hating where you do it at. Thankfully for me, I went through all of that between the ages of 17 and 23. These days it's just a matter of liking where I work which can be affected by as little as one jerk in the company. lol

Cyberic

Count me in the 15% that don't hate their job   Sure there are crappy moments but generally I like what I spend the day doing, there's a decent chance the work will really help people, and I'm compensated nicely.

Something like that for me too. Sure I bought a lottery ticket yesterday (I don't do that often) as it sure would be nice to be able to retire now, as things are weird at work right now, but I doubt things would be better somewhere else. In general I like what I do: I like finding solutions to problems, and I get to do that a lot.

Cyberic

I go through this every year and there is never anything convenient or accessible and certainly not both. That should change come February though, fingers crossed.

Miami? I hear the weather there is awesome!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

LRB

lol

They are actually building a fitness center that has a track! The fees to use said center remain to be seen but it's at least a start.

RunningOnSand

Good morning! Today is another 2 cup of coffee kind of a day here. Luckily, it is warming up (it was 21*F when I woke up this morning!) and the sun is even shining. But cherub #3 is still sick, so no run for me, again.

Blue, have you always been exhausted? Or is this something new?

There's a new indoor track near to us, and it's 9 laps to a mile. I'm considering joining.

onemile

There's a new indoor track near to us, and it's 9 laps to a mile. I'm considering joining.

I think I would hate that. Mine is ~3.5 laps per mile

LRB

I think I would hate that. Mine is ~3.5 laps per mile

That's a big ass track!