Beginners and Beyond

May I have this DAILIES? (Read 41 times)

LRB

'Sup crew, fancy to see you here!

I am just hoping for mild temperatures this month with no extremes on either end, well I did say hoping!

How are you?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Mornin' Rick!  I'm ready for it to just stay warm, even when it gets hot here, it's at least nice early in the mornings, which is when I usually run.  Not today tho, set my alarm, then turned it off and went back to sleep. lol  I'll run in the rain again after work. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning, anybody else think April went by fast?

Rocky and I got 7 miles in this morning, and now I am going back to sleep for an hour or 2. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Thursday and OMG wake up already!

8 on the treadmill last night after work.  Got to the gym and realized I didn't pack running socks so I wore my dress socks.  My piggy toes are now chafed to hell and my ugly feet are even uglier.  Still beats wearing no socks.

Heavy rain today.  Hopefully it clear up for a nice afternoon run.  8-10 easy on the agenda.

<3

meaghansketch

Good morning!

I'm behind on miles this week but hopefully the weather will cooperate tonight and I'll get a bunch with my team after work.  Mild temperatures this month would be very nice!  Let's hope that's what we'll get!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Beautiful day for a run after work here in San Antonio.  74 degrees for my run-time, 22 percent humidity, dewpoint in the upper 40s, sweeeet!  Plan a nice 3 - 4 miles on the lovely trails in the park near the Zoo.

Thanks for starting us off, LRB!  Hope you get the temps you want!

lol, D2, I was planning a run this morning. My alarm went off, I looked at the temp outside.....40 flippin' degrees!  Too cold for this cold-weather wimp, so I decided to run after work when it's 74 and went back to sleep for another hour.   Sorry about you running in the rain, though, hope it's not a cold rain.

Must be nice, FreeSoul, to go run in the morning and then go back to sleep for 2 hours.  Some of us have to work after a run.  I keep telling Gail to make more money - won't bother me at all if she's the breadwinner -  so I can be a stay-at-home-husband...I'll be glad to take care of the cats...and heck, I might even learn to vacuum....  

Hope your weather clears for your run, Phil.  Yeah, don't do that no socks thing...I did that once when I forgot my socks and tore a couple of my toes all to hell-and-gone, took quite a while for the chafing and blisters to heal.

Hope your mild temps wish comes true for you, Meaghan!  Enjoy your team run tonite!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

It's a warm rain Scotty, mid 70s, love it! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty - if it makes you feel better, I didn't really fall back to sleep...... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Morning!

Some miles this afternoon. Not sure how many or how slow/fast...

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. One too many drinks last night leaves me feeling like crap. Oh well, I still got 3 miles on the TM done this morning. That sort of sweats it out of you. I do feel better although my head isn't quite 100%.

Yesterday the photographer came over and took pictures of my house so we can put it on the market. Now we'll see when we list.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning!  Track was OK last night.  My splits were all over the place, mostly because I haven't run R pace in months and had no idea what it felt like.  And the intervals are too short for the Garmin to help much.  A local 1:20ish HM guy ran my last two 200s with me (because he was done, of course), and after the first one, he said I should lower my arms and lean forward for the next one.  I did it, and BAM, 5 seconds faster on my last 200 with no additional effort.  So that's a cool trick if it works. Smile  It could have just been that he was pacing me and trying to pull me along faster, though.

Today I just have an easy 2 with the track club kids at work, then yet another evening school event.

LRB- If we're making weather requests, I will order up some of those mild temps, too!

D2- Enjoy the rainy run!

FreeSoul- Nice run, enjoy the rest!

Phil- Glad you at least had some dress socks to put on.  The one time I forgot to pack socks so far, I only had (non running) tights.

Meaghan- Have a good run later!

Scotty- Sounds like a perfect day for a run!

Happylily- Hope your legs find their mojo for your run today.

Andrew- The whole moving/house hunting thing sounds stressful, yuk.  Are you hoping to be moved before the baby comes?

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Andrew- The whole moving/house hunting thing sounds stressful, yuk.  Are you hoping to be moved before the baby comes?

Yep, that's our goal. Our original plan was to be in a house by the end of this month. I think it will probably be more like next month.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Good luck!

So it was 42 degrees this morning, not too bad for running I guess, but TOO COLD FOR MAY!!

As I turned onto the main street near my house at the start of my run at ~6AM, there was a cop car ahead with lights flashing stopped in one of the lanes. When I got up to it I saw the reason - someone had hit a deer & it was down in the middle of the road. The cop was stopped in front of it to make sure no one ran over it again. Just as I ran by, the deer started scrambling trying to get up (unsuccessfully). Totally freaked me out, I thought it was dead, but I guess not quite. As I kept running, I saw a couple other cop cars coming; I thought someone is going to have to finish that thing off. And then I heard what sounded like a shot. Kind of sad; more excitement than I usually get on a morning run.

Anyway: 6 miles, and decided to add some strides for the first time ever, just to try to feel some speed. No idea whether I was doing them right, or how fast they actually were, but whatever it was felt pretty good.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - Mild and moderate sounds nice for a change. Mild, moderate May ... nice alliteration.
                                D2 - Your rain run sounds nice. We have the rain here, but highs are only supposed to be about 48*.
                                Baboon - Stylin'. Sorry about the chafing, though.
                                FS - I couldn't get back in bed after running. I need to stretch, drink some water, and the idea of getting into bed sweaty is just ... ick.

Meaghan - Enjoy the team workout!
                                Scotty - I'd be the one running in the 40s because I don't like to run in the 70s.

Lily - Have a good run, whatever it may be. Hope your running mojo/motivation return soon.
                                Andrew - Good luck with the house hunting/sale! There are times I like to upgrade a bit, but then I look at all the little "honey-dos" we would need to do here before we could even think of putting this one on the market and decide it isn't worth the effort.
                                Zelanie - Nice speed workout last night!

I am undecided at the moment. My legs felt pretty tired by the time I got through kyukido class last night, so I might take another complete rest day. Or I might do a short run and a noon strength training class, but very light weights, just to get back into it. I am definitely, today, starting on some diet changes - May 1 sounds like a good time to start working on the 10-15 lbs I need to whittle off to have a good shot at a marathon PR this fall.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.