Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #132 (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

Well, I feel like I'm falling apart... last night I did a 5 minute plank and my left shoulder has just been killing me since, I think it was the way I was resting on them.

My ankles look like they're a little bruised  Left quad is still a teeny bit sore when waking up, but yesterday afternoon we went for a leisurely 2 mile hike around a lake, at one point my son got a little ahead of me and DH was concerned about vipers so I jogged after him... my quad is still in no shape for it.. 

Anyways, today is pretty much an RD... FML

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

11 miles on the AlterG ... 8x1000, and since it's on the AlterG, it was faster than it would be if I did it off the AlterG. I don't hide that it's on there, so it drives me absolutely bonkers when people tell me to slow down. (And these aren't people who have the excuse of being unfamiliar with the device. They know what it is.)

Strava drives me bonkers in general, I've decided.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Rest day, feeling beat up from the last two days day

....ribeye on the grill & fresh corn fried with jalapeños for lunch day

....... shrimp over pappardelle for dinner day

..... feel much better just thinking about it๐Ÿ˜€

KCRuns

I think today is a rest day.  I may get on the TM and walk for a little while later, but I think no running today.

Question for Cy or anybody else who is really good with computers.  I have multiple monitors (laptop screen plus 2 monitors) and have no trouble extending the display and it works great for regular computer stuff.  However, using the extended display isn't working right for my remote work computer.  To be more precise, I can get the remote connection to extend across both monitors for things like email, excel, etc.  But my main work software freezes up when I try to use multiple monitors at home.  When I'm in the office, two monitors works perfectly.  When I look at display settings on my work computer, it says they are custom and I can't change them remotely (but it does give the option to reset them, but I don't know what would happen if I do).  Tech support isn't any help, they say it can't be done, but I'm sure it can.  Ideally, I'd like my laptop screen to stay the way it is and use the two monitors for my remote work desktop, but I cannot figure it out.  Does anyone have any ideas to try?  MTA: At home I have Windows 10 Home and my work computer is Windows 10 Pro

sdWhiskers

3 miles + 1 with DS.

MrW is back to work at the hospital today after being home for 7 weeks. My life just got more complicated, running and otherwise.

Cyberic

I think today is a rest day.  I may get on the TM and walk for a little while later, but I think no running today.

Question for Cy or anybody else who is really good with computers.  I have multiple monitors (laptop screen plus 2 monitors) and have no trouble extending the display and it works great for regular computer stuff.  However, using the extended display isn't working right for my remote work computer.  To be more precise, I can get the remote connection to extend across both monitors for things like email, excel, etc.  But my main work software freezes up when I try to use multiple monitors at home.  When I'm in the office, two monitors works perfectly.  When I look at display settings on my work computer, it says they are custom and I can't change them remotely (but it does give the option to reset them, but I don't know what would happen if I do).  Tech support isn't any help, they say it can't be done, but I'm sure it can.  Ideally, I'd like my laptop screen to stay the way it is and use the two monitors for my remote work desktop, but I cannot figure it out.  Does anyone have any ideas to try?  MTA: At home I have Windows 10 Home and my work computer is Windows 10 Pro

Remote desktop vs multiple monitors, not simple. I'm not saying it can't be done, but not saying your IT department is wrong either. I do not know of a step by step procedure that works for all use cases, especially that you have a very specific display setup in mind. In fact, I'm leaning more towards the "it can't be done", if I understand correctly what you want to do. But I'm a software programmer and therefore even if I am pretty good with setting up computer stuff, it is not "what I do", and i would not consider my opinion as final. Sorry.

sdWhiskers

I would poll some coworkers to see if anyone has it working the way you want at home. Then copy their settings.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Looks like I'm being forced to go for a hike with my little man.... after lunch...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

KCRuns

I would poll some coworkers to see if anyone has it working the way you want at home. Then copy their settings.

Most of them only have one screen at home so it's a non-issue.  For a couple of others, they have clicked the "extend my session across all screens" on the remote login app and it seems to work for them.  I have tried that several times and my work software freezes up.    I will ask what version of Windows they have and what their screen resolution settings are and see if that makes a difference.  There are a couple of other people who have the same issues I do and nobody can figure out why.   It's not the end of the world if I can't figure it out, I have a pretty large monitor so I can make things bigger or smaller to work on side by side on the screen, but it would be even better if I can figure this out since I think WFH is going to be an ongoing thing for awhile.  I'm certain there's a simple solution to this, but I just don't know where to find the answer.  Google hasn't been any help and it's frustrating that it works for my regular stuff and is only a problem on the remote login.

I do have access to my office if I need to go in and change settings directly on my work computer.

KCRuns

Remote desktop vs multiple monitors, not simple. I'm not saying it can't be done, but not saying your IT department is wrong either. I do not know of a step by step procedure that works for all use cases, especially that you have a very specific display setup in mind. In fact, I'm leaning more towards the "it can't be done", if I understand correctly what you want to do. But I'm a software programmer and therefore even if I am pretty good with setting up computer stuff, it is not "what I do", and i would not consider my opinion as final. Sorry.

What is your option?  I'm willing to try anything to see if it works.  I could always revert back to the current settings if need be.

DavePNW

14 miles.

Dave

LRB

3 miles + 1 with DS.

MrW is back to work at the hospital today after being home for 7 weeks. My life just got more complicated, running and otherwise.

Damn. Sorry.

LRB

11 miles on the AlterG ... 8x1000, and since it's on the AlterG, it was faster than it would be if I did it off the AlterG. I don't hide that it's on there, so it drives me absolutely bonkers when people tell me to slow down. (And these aren't people who have the excuse of being unfamiliar with the device. They know what it is.)

Strava drives me bonkers in general, I've decided.

Is there a way extrapolate what the approximate pace is based on the percentage of the belt you're using? ( and please don't chew me a new ass, I'm just trying to get through my day)

LRB

Well, I feel like I'm falling apart... last night I did a 5 minute plank and my left shoulder has just been killing me since, I think it was the way I was resting on them.

You kill you. Almost literally!