Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #132 (Read 30 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I've never even heard of that. I mean, sure, one could do that. But then, they didn't do that.

Thinking about it, out of the thousands of intervals I've run, the only time I would do that is if my shoestring came untied and I had a long way to go (which never happens) or if I got stopped at a light or cut off by a car, at which point I'd be infuriated!

Oh, people do that. I know someone who ran a 13:28 5K last week. Of course, the elapsed time on that activity was close to 1:45, but who's counting?

Not that I think there's anything wrong with that; I get that people take breaks during interval workouts and might stop their watches then. I don't do that, but I can understand that someone might. It's the deliberate obfuscating that drives me crazy. I just can't believe it would be SO important to someone to look fast on social media that they'd do that, because then they have to come up with more lies and excuses for why their races never go well since they can't even dream of hitting their "training paces" in a race where the clock won't stop for all that lollygagging. It's all so dumb.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I've never even heard of that. I mean, sure, one could do that. But then, they didn't do that.

Thinking about it, out of the thousands of intervals I've run, the only time I would do that is if my shoestring came untied and I had a long way to go (which never happens) or if I got stopped at a light or cut off by a car, at which point I'd be infuriated!

Also, this happened to me on Sunday, and I WAS infuriated!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

I ran 5 and did upper body and core. I got a free month trial to all the peloton programs (I didn't realize there was more to peleton than the bike until last week) and I'm really liking it so far. A lot of options no matter your time restrictions.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Howdy!

I ran 5 x (4min run / 1 min walk) successfully. Sunny skies, 50'ish temps, full hearts. awww yeah.

Tonight I'm making this amazing garlic pull apart bread , alongside Brussel sprouts and steaks. Basically, my life revolves around food and rehab. But mostly food. 

OMG, I wish I could bake with good results because that looks amazing.

My poor friend, the President of Auntie Anne's, sent me the pretzel kit to make my own pretzel. It arrived today. Told her to expect a lot of nailed it posts...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran a bit over 8 and it was so windy, I'm still cold.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

40 min Zwifting

We upped our cycling game and bought a smart trainer, due to arrive in a few days  

onemile

I ran 10

Cyberic

It’s like I’m one of those people who sprints, stops my watch, does that a dozen times and then brags about how fast I ran. 🙄 

Great idea!

Howdy!

I ran 5 x (4min run / 1 min walk) successfully. Sunny skies, 50'ish temps, full hearts. awww yeah.

Tonight I'm making this amazing garlic pull apart bread , alongside Brussel sprouts and steaks. Basically, my life revolves around food and rehab. But mostly food. 

Sounds great 😀unfortunately my wife does not like garlic bread 😡but once in a blue moon I make garlic oregano bagels with a garlic and oregano in the dough, goina have to make some this week