Beginners and Beyond

Perspiring Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 28 times)

hog4life

Hi everyone, quick check in, did 5 miles last night with 4x800's. Tonight will look for a few easy with GS and Bella.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry- Did the wedding guests know how close they came to seeing the Father of the Bride twerking?

Mel, the speech went well enough that I didn't need to twerk.  DD is very into her work, so I finished with saying she put a speaker evaluation form on the wedding website.

3 indoor miles again.  I am dizzy.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - hot cross buns are an Easter specialty - how odd that their day is in September!  Good luck with the weights.  I have some 5 and 10 lb. hand weights, but thanks to the problem with my hand, I haven't been able to use them in two months.  I keep trying to talk DH into using them, but he's not very interested.  Doing exercises in the basement just isn't his idea of fun.

Coralie - I'm sorry you're facing surgery again.  I hope this time it works better than the last one.

Damaris - enjoy your FE

Bin - you've been pushing hard, despite the lung problems.  Maybe you need a short break?

Jerry - how did the wedding dress get so dirty?  Someone careless with the wine?  Enjoy your rest day.

PADRunner - have fun at the gym

Margo - hope your walk is after dark.  It's miserable out there now.

Traci - good job on the back to back runs.  Your leg must be much better.

HopesMom - is your husband doing C25k with you?  Have fun at practice tonight.

Zelanie - wow on the 3 minutes.  My longest was 90 seconds, and I've only managed that one once.  Have fun at the track tonight.

Dave - good job on the 7

Mitch - enjoy your easy miles tonight.

Very hot and humid today, so we cut Ben's walk short (at his request - he turned down the shady street instead of continuing ahead - smart dog!)  I'd like to do a short run on the TM this afternoon, if my body behaves.  The last run went well, with no pain afterwards.  Today is my husband's birthday, so I need to burn some calories before we head out for beer and burgers.

Philliefan33

I had a good treadmill run this morning, 3.3 miles. Finished with 0.2 miles at 7mph just to remind myself my legs still work. Yesterday I had a hospital appointment and I didn't have the best news. CT scan showed regrowth so I'm scheduled for my third ear surgery on October 7th. My 10K is November 9th, but I'm staying hopeful! In good news, the nurse was doing my work-up before the appointment, and my heart rate popped up at 44 on the screen. She seemed concerned, I told her I run. She said "you run low?", "no, I RUN", "your heart rate runs low?", "well, yes, but it's because I run, exercise". She took a manual to double check, lol.

Boo to the bad news.  Surgery is never fun.

But dang girl, you do have a crazy low resting HR!  44, presumably in the middle of the day, when you are likely at least a little edgy considered you are being checked out pre-surgery?  The lowest mine ever goes is ~55, and that's if I check it before I get out of bed, when I woke up without an alarm.  Most mornings it's in the 55-60 range.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck with the surgery, Coralie.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jimmy, it is hard to get up that early at first, but you get used to it after you do it a few times. I  prefer PM running, but I go through that 'getting used to getting up early again' every time Texas summer rolls around.  Takes me about 2 weeks of doing it regularly before I do get used to it.   Hope you can get your miles in tonite

Congrats on the 7, Dave.

so I'm scheduled for my third ear surgery on October 7th.  WHAT, Coralie?  I didn't hear you! Wink  Seriously, sorry about the upcoming surgery, no kind of surgery is fun, even the minor types of surgery.  Wishing you all the best!

Mitch, what's a GS and Bella?  Sounds like a law firm, accounting firm, etc, lol.

Happy birthday to your husband, Ginny!  Hope your run goes well and your body continues to behave.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Boo to the bad news.  Surgery is never fun.

But dang girl, you do have a crazy low resting HR!  44, presumably in the middle of the day, when you are likely at least a little edgy considered you are being checked out pre-surgery?  The lowest mine ever goes is ~55, and that's if I check it before I get out of bed, when I woke up without an alarm.  Most mornings it's in the 55-60 range.

Before I started running my heart rate was around 62-65. When she took it manually, she got 46. Maybe it's the running, plus my heart having 50lbs less body to pump blood around? I wasn't around my kids either, and I had spent 2 hours in relative peace and quiet in the waiting room, lol.

Dad on the run.

Scotty - I think I just need to move my alarm clock across the room, that way I can't just snooze it 15 bazillion times.

Everyone else - What is the next challenge going to be? I didn't know about the plank challenge until it was already in progress. How about who can pee the fartherest standing up? hahaha. Seriously though, what about a pull up challenge?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - I think I just need to move my alarm clock across the room, that way I can't just snooze it 15 bazillion times.

Turn the light on too, as soon as the alarm goes off.  This psychologically "floods" your brain with light, giving it a signal that you are now up for the day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Thanks D and Scotty. You know Scotty, my other half winds me up with that all the time :P I keep telling the doctors, there are only so many times they can cut my ear off before it won't go back on again.

Dad on the run.

Pretty confident if I turned the lights on 4am in the morning my pregnant wife would come out of the bed and murder me in a very violent and bloody fashion, not even the red room could cover up that mess.

Turn the light on too, as soon as the alarm goes off.  This psychologically "floods" your brain with light, giving it a signal that you are now up for the day.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

Pretty confident if I turned the lights on 4am in the morning my pregnant wife would come out of the bed and murder me in a very violent and bloody fashion, not even the red room could cover up that mess.

You should be confident, haha.

Get out of the bedroom first, then flood yourself with lights. I used to get up in the morning between 9 and 10am. Since my oldest has started school, I HAVE to get up at 6:15am to get everything ready for her for school. For a while, I would want to cry in the morning I was so tired. A few times I would say I'll go back to bed when I get her off to school, but by the time she's gone I'd feel much better and awake.

Philliefan33

Everyone else - What is the next challenge going to be? I didn't know about the plank challenge until it was already in progress. How about who can pee the fartherest standing up? hahaha. Seriously though, what about a pull up challenge?

Seems like both of these challenges favor the guys. I can't do a single pull-up Blush

tracilynn

I can't do a single pull up either.

Peeing? Ha

I was thinking sit ups or push-ups. And bacon had some good ideas like squats.  SEPT squat-tember ETc

I can't do REAL push-ups either.  I have to do girl push-ups with bENT knees Dead

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm very late to the party... five recovery miles for me. Hi everyone.